What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome to the SMF. We are glad you are here. I don't know if anyone pinged you to scoot up to Roll Call and introduce yourself in that thread. (just copy this in that area is fine) More folks will see you and you will get a proper welcome.

Accountant. And for the record, I skydive, play the guitar, own a motorcycle, have a girlfriend, and I hate math. Hope that dispels a few stereotypes.
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

Great Thread!! So many different backgrounds....
Joined the Army Guard at 17 and started working as a full time OH-58 Kiowa, AH-1 Cobra and UH-1 Huey Mechanic Technician.
Over the years (25 and still counting
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
) I became a Mechanic Supervisor in charge of maintenance and the Armament Officer (Warrant) on the AH-64 Apache for the Battalion. Every day brings its own pains and joys. I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing.

Was a master construction electrician for 26 years. Got bored with that so now I'm the General Area Supervisor for an aluminum smelter (Primary). We make big asss blocks of aluminum. I'm in charge of all areas of the plant from the river to the gate (electrically) except the actual smelting lines, from 13,800 volts down to the itsy-bitsy tingly voltages. I also supervise the PM inspections on all 50+ overhead 10-20 ton cranes at the plant, as well as conduct all electrical technical and safety training plantwide.

Now you know why my smoker is electric and sports three, yes three, temperature controllers (cooking chamber temp, smoke generating chamber temp, water temp). Cause I can.
biggrin.gif

Love hearing where everyone comes from. I am a teacher, high school right now but after another year of graduate school I will hopefully be a college professor.

21 year Army vet, First Sergeant, counting the days to retirement - 6 June then 55 days of leave.

Institutional Fixed income sales and trading for banks, insurance co. credit unions and municipalities. Help them manage the money.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky