What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Someone bumped this so I thought I would update my post.

I about to be an unemployed Director of Operations for an auto supplier. I am taking a lower level job to extend time for now. So, am looking in Tulsa (my family) or Virginia Beach (wife's home). It is kind of a stretch since there is no automotive in these areas but I am really hoping to get out of auto. Need a switch. Many of know Detroit is getting hammered so there is not much up here anyways. We will see how it goes.

ahh my friend the grass is not always greener on the other side...but I do love what I do...its such a new industry, I have owned my own business, and worked for three others all since the early 90's, lots of growing pains along the way, but at least I am working with high end gear, and if I get certified by Crestron as a programmer (not an easy thing to obtain) as I get old, at least I can program for a living...some of those guys are getting $150 an hr, and some of the projects can be hundreds of billable hours long...but those are the top dogs...but hey why not me too.

I'm a Sales Engineer at one of the big telecom companies. Basically my job is to be a technical salesperson - keep the front line sales folks between the lines and make sure what they sell will actually work. I sell a ton of Cisco and Nortel hardware, design networks for companies, and generally try to keep the sales funnel full. I hate paperwork and love meeting with customers for the first time and hearing how thier businesses run - it's absolutely fascinating to see all of the innovative things that people have come up with to make money.

Outside of that I spend a ton of time as the Cubmaster for a local Cub Scout pack.

Pileit. I take stuff from one pile, and "Pileit" in another!!! Groan, moan...
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

I started working with my dad in his Tool & Die shop when I was 11 years old. Two years after his death I went to work for my main customer. The owner offered me and all my guys jobs when we shut down. I now am in charge of the tooling group (Team Leader) I have seven guy's under me. We Have 2 die cast facility's a Tooling and Research facility and a machining facility. They employ around 250 people.

Glorified Baby Sitter. Or just a regular ol Probation Officer. Also officiate High School sports, football, basketball, baseball and softball.

Reached the hallowed, much sought after, ranks of the "unemployed" about 4 years ago...Just and old Telephone Man. I have by now probably achieved the status of "unemployable", which I plan to maintain for the "duration".
biggrin.gif
That, and being "homeless" at last (Fulltime RVer), have made my life almost complete. We have recently aquired an RV "mooring", for the motorhome, in East TX. I got an Oklahoma Joe's S. E. Traditions smoker and, well, here I am...eager to learn. I need start at the begining!!

I am an electronics/calibration technician for a local gauge manufacturing company. We make high temp/pressure, super accurate downhole gauges for the oil industry.

A little history... I was Army Infantry for 5 years, got out and went to school and got my AAS in Electronics Technology in 2003... been an electronics technician for 8 years, a few at an asphalt control manufacturing company, a couple in the EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) business and a couple as a biomedical technician at a local hospital. Finally doing something that I really enjoy... challenging me almost every day.

I am a General Contractor, Intern Architect and my wife owns a take-out restaurant which created a good opportunity to build a huge smoker and smoke all of her specialty meats on Saturday.

Part time smoker, full time Safety Manager for a general contractor working the the steel mills of NW Indiana. Most people went to school to get outta the mills. I went to school to get in the mills
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
. But I love what I do so that makes it easier I guess but still cant wait for FULL TIME SMOKING STATUS!!!!!

General Contractor here as well. Build Commercial Properties, Custom Homes, additions, Rancher and most favorite job is our outfitting service. We put on pheasant, quail, chukar, turkey(eastern & rio) and deer hunts. Anybody that wants to get away for some hunting call us. Lots of wildlife, cold beer, smokes and a roof over your head. We are right next to Kansas' largest lake, Milford Lake. Also three miles away is a ATV riding park.

Scott

Pheasant Creek Outfitters
Pheasant Creek Construction

I run a CNC machine cutting out fishing boats and parts. Also a few parts for the pontoons.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky