What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am a firefighter/paramedic in a suburb of Chicago. I am very new to this. I have literally smoked three times so far. Other hobbies include triathlon.

Say hi to Lucy for me. 
biggrin.gif

Retired fireman, 35 years in suburban Chicago. Caught the smoking bug at the firehouse. Using an electric smoker at the firehouse is like using a crockpot on steroids! What fireman doesn't like smoked meat?

I'm a CPA (36 years and counting).  Currently I'm the CFO for the Maryland Legislature.  I'm fairly new to the whole grilling experience (except for the basic hotdogs & burgers over a bed of coals schtick we all learned from watching dad as a kid).  But I do love to eat, and I'm just discovering a newfound love of trying new recipes & meal preparation processes, so I figured learning some of the finer points of grilling was a next logical step.

I am a former Corrections Officer turned kindergarten teacher's aide. I am also a wife, mother of 4 and grandmother of 2. Summers off to dabble in smokiness!

Business owner

- Licensed Professional Engineer - Civil/Geotechnical and Materials engineering

The above in English

- nerdy foundation engineer and we test all phases of construction to make sure the concrete, soil, steel, fireproofing, rebar, etc. is built according to plan and is as strong as it should be

Reactions: saric1969
26 Years as a State Corrections Officer. I work in the wall towers now as I don't heal as fast as I used to. I am also an equal partner in a farm that we lease out to a neighboring farmer, and we sell some minerals (sand). I can retire, but I'm too young. 

I'm a teacher. I love being a teacher because every year I get to meet a whole new group of young people and get to know them and their parents. I also like being a teacher because that gives me the summer to backpack, camp, and, of course, smoke meats!

Reactions: flynbyu2
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky