What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am a retired corrections officer from the Michigan Department of Corrections after 28 years. Now in the summer I am a county park campground manager which is right up my alley. Way better working conditions. I've been studying this forum for a while and I think I am ready to pull my smoker out to try my hand at it. The first time I did I tried to make jerky which turned out like extremely crispy bacon. Now thanks to smoking meats I have a better understanding how to do it. Thanks for all your help.

Retired, smoke meats & fish, restore antique garden tractors, build AR-15s, dabble in shine, chase mama around our mountain.
icon_twisted.gif

Last edited:
LOCAL WHOLESALER OF FRESH FISH BROUGHT IN FROM WORLDWIDE SOURCES, PROCESSED TO ORDER  AND  SOLD TO LOCAL HIGH END RESTAURANTS. ALSO OWNER OF DEER PROCESSING PLANT. CURRENTLY OUTSOURCING ALL COOKED AND SMOKED  PRODUCTS

New to the forum, but looking to get more involved in smoking this summer. 

I'm general counsel to a manufacturing company. Started smoking on a gerry-rigged grill, and now use a Masterbuilt Propane Vertical smoker. Goal is to get the basics down on the proprane smoker, then transition to a big green egg or the like. 

I've been a chemist for almost 31 years, the last 26+ for the City of Lorain, Ohio where I am the Chief Chemist (translate chief cook and bottle washer) for the water pollution control plants in the city.  The pay isn't great and there are always talks of lay offs, but at least my position is safe and recession proof. (You don't stop using the bathroom when you are out of work.)

Looks like im a few months late! Lol im an occupational health and safety coordinator for a company that makes recyclable plastic seafood boxes. Working on getting the company certified in pharmaceutical boxes

I am a member of the U.S. Air Force. I've been in for 14 years. I've been all around the world but I now reside in New Mexico.

Self employed. I make parts and assemble infra red illuminator flashlights, for Hunters all over the World.

Also make my own style digital night vision add ons, hand held spotter and Wireless roof mounted spotter. 

Probably be someone on the Forum that owns an irlightbuilds ir illuminator. I have sold a lot in the USA.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky