What's on your super Bowl Smoked Menu?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grillin_all_day

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2008
Barksdale Air Force Base, LA
Just curious to see what everyone will be smoking for Super Bowl Sunday? It's still a couple of weeks away, but to me it's the Mecca of all food that is great. For me, I think as of now, I'm going small. Probably going to do a couple of fatty's, along with some ABT's. Of course I'll probably also make my popular Hellfire Chili as well. So, what's on your menu?

I'm thinking maybe a prime rib with Dutch's beans. Nice thing about the Super Bowl is the late start. Can do all the smokin' and be done eating by the start of the game
icon_smile.gif

Menu here at the Gunner house is going to be BB's, ABT's (including Jalapenos, Habeneros and somce ghost peppers for a couple select guests) and my Buffalo Chicken balls.

BB ribs about to go on smoker... have the dutches beans already prepped and ready to go in a bit later... go VIKINGS!!! dont know if i come up with anything else today. maybe do a better job for super bowl and hopefully vikes be in it.

havent decided on the main course yet but appetizers will be:
Bagna caulda, ABTs, probably a cheese ball and some wings!
I may do a brisket or a prime rib for the main course

Well with the super bowl being in Fla. We just mighthave to go with the seafood theme and maybe some warm an cheesey crab dip, then some red snapper fingers, and maybe some of the (for the saints) crawfish gumbo and of course the simple boiled shrimp from Mayport.

Man, everyone's making me hungry!!!! Last nite I was talking to the boss, and she asked if I was planning on making anything else. I said probably not since it will be just us. She kinda got this look on her face and I said, "Okay hunny, what else do you want?" Without hesitation, she said she wanted baby backs and wants me to try and make some baked beans with the receipe I've been kicking around. So now it looks like I'll be having BB's, fatties, ABT's, baked beans, along w/ some queso and chips. Looks like the chili is taking a back seat now.

kind of undecided, probably some pulled pork(ill get up early on Sunday to get it on. Also maybe a couple live dungeness crabs for a steamer.

Gonna miss a crawfish boil a buddy is having.
icon_neutral.gif

Well I was going to go all out if the Vikings won but since they lost them selves the game (I like to think the Saints didn't win the game the Vikings just lost it by kicking them selves in the butts with turnovers) I guess now I don't know what I am going to make maybe nothing??????? Any way you look at it the Saints are in the superbowl and the Vikings aren't and thats all that matters in the world of football. Ok I will quit the sob story. Yea I will probably find something to smoke maybe it will take my mind of the worthless Vikings. hahaha

I'll post Qviews and recipes when I do the cook.. I finally got the flash on my camera working so I should be able to actually get some pics again.

Gonna do some wings, spicy for me and Yoshida's for the wife and kids. Think I will do a fatty while I am at it.

Well......I could be a real smart a** and say the Vikings, but the Saints already smoked them!!!!

But I won't.

WHO DAT!.......OK, the Houston Texans suck, so I gotta root for somebody...........you must understand.....

We typically do 3 deep dish Chicago style pizzas, cause most Texans ain't never had one, some of Lagasse's shrimp and artichoke dip.....now that I think about it, I might smoke the shrimp. Probably some ribs or PP, depending on how much time I have.

Got to think about this some more...........

Hmmm thinking about a boston butte? Though I was in the store today and found 2 racks of pork back loin ribs for 50% off, so it cost only cost me like $10.50 for both.... I really want to enjoy myself on the superbowl since its my bday also so we'll see!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky