What type of ribs does everybody do mostly?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
About 3 to 1 baby backs. The family prefers them over spares, I'm about 50/50 myself. But you know if mama ain't happy...

I do spares, I get a good price at my butcher, they are local small farm raised hogs, and he does all the trimming.

Spares...........cheaper, meatier, but i do love BB's when their on sale
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

Spares - $1.49 lb. on sale, about any Wednesday
Baby backs - $2.99 lb regular, $2.69 on sale now & then

Mostly spares. Better price, more meat, better flavor because of more fat.

We do nothing but spares. My wife finds a deal on them and loads up. The BB's are almost always double the price.

About 3 to 4 to 1 bb's to spares (just because I have more of them. gotta buy 3 racks at a time at Costco). I do spares St Louis style/cut. About every 6 weeks, I'll throw on some beef ribs.

I'm w/ Mike for the same reasons except that BBs are usually $3.99 around here, we see spares for about $1.29 on sale fairly often. And I really don't know why anyone would cut the best part of the rib off (the brisket) and call them St Louis style.

Around here, we call a good spare a "steak on a stick".

Spares for BBQ, and BBs for grilling.

(It's All Good!)

Hey Watery Eyes,
I like country style too, but they're not actually ribs. They're actually pork butt cut into chunks, but there's no foul in that!

Tim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky