What temp to maintain for Fattie smoking??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I usualy smoke mine at around 250-275... I take the internal temp to 165... If u are wrapping in bacon, try to use thin bacon, that way the bacon gets done too.Happy smokes.

My smoke temp varies depending on the fillings. If I've got raw veggies which I want to finish aldente, I run lower @ 225-230, for a longer interior steaming period. If I have partially cooked fillings, and especially with fully cooked ingredients and not having a lot of moisture inside, then I like to step it up to avoid drying it out. I've done quite a few in the 275* range.

Eric

Thanx guys
Appreciate the quick responses!!!
I'll post Qview of finished product.

Yeah, that's good info -- I haven't done a fattie yet and was wondering the same thing.

Thanks for starting the thread!

Thats the nice thing about fatty's you can smoke them at any temp really and they will turn out good. If I am doing a butt at 225 or if I am doing poultry at 275 it will be just fine. It may get done a little faster one way vs. the other but as long as you take it off when you hit 160-165 internal temp you will be set.

i do em between 220°&250° lower temps with hard boiled eggs and olives upper with all else and like they said thin if you like krispie i like thick buckboard myself.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanx for the compliments but much of the credit goes to this forum and those who are quick to help and offer advice!!!

This was my first attempt at these delicious creations and it will certainly not be my last!!!

I had some friends and family over to help me enjoy them and everyone thought they were fabulous.

No one else had ever heard of these before but are now converted Fattie lovers.

Many thanx and Kudos to all that help make this site an awesome place to share and learn the wonderful art of smoking.

My wife keeps asking me, "Whats next?" , with an enthusiasm never before seen regarding any of my other hobbies!!

Thanx again!!!

Smoke On!!!

Jeff

I cooked mine at 225, I also used tators but I pre cooked in the oven for a bit. Worked out well.

What did you put in yours?

I ended up smoking these beauties @ 240-250 *F

To all my American friends, "Have a great Memorial Weekend!!!!".

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky