What should I do with this thing? Updated with Q-View.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks everyone.

I want to thank everyone for the advice and suggestions.

I took some out and reheated it this morning.  My wife loved it, and didn't even think the garlic was too stout.  Maybe it all kind of mellowed even more in the fridge overnight. 

I also see that I forgot to mention a couple of things.

First, I pre-cooked the bacon, then crumbled it up and added it to the filling.  So everything in the filling was already cooked or was stuff that doesn't need to be cooked.  The way I'd written above about putting the bacon inside made it sound like I thought it would cook better on the inside than the outside.  What I really meant was that I'd pre-cook it - and I did.

I also didn't say what temperature I ran the whole thing up to.  I probed it in several places with a good fast-responding thermometer after I pulled it off, and the hottest areas were at 160, and the coolest places were at about 153.  I then wrapped it in foil and then a blanket and let it rest for an hour.

I do think I might use less feta and more mozzarela and or the romano next time.  I love the feta taste, but it's a bit too sour in the huge quantities I used.  It also adds a lot of salt to things.  Not that the filling wasn't good, it's just that I think I went overboard with the feta now that i taste it all again.

You can't tell by looking at the photos I had posted, but I did lay the feta on pretty heavy!

For whatever that's all worth.

I applaud your sense of adventure. That looks really good. I tend to copy a tried and true recipe. Meat is so expensive these days, I hate to screw up. Guess I am a coward 
biggrin.gif
. Good job

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky