What dos everyone pay for wood by the cord?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I actually found some prime wild cherry trees about 25 feet into my side property line!  Twisted up and crooked, so they are no good for lumber, but around 14"- 25" diameter, its going to cost me $55 a cord to get it split, once my buddy lays them down for me.  My back is still wrecked, so I wont be cutting wood anytime soon.  If we get it stacked on some pallets, it should be good to go by early this fall.

Other than that, I have found a local lumber mill who sells hardwood slabs for $100 a bundle.  4x4x16' so pretty much 2 cords for $100.  Not sure how fast they will burn, but most (95%) of it is oak, and not too old, so I'm thinking it may be a good deal. Worst case, It will be used to build a coal bed in the mornings.  I hate paying people to cut wood, but its hard to say what's happening with my back for the time being..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky