What do you do when your not in the mood?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eaglewing

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 4, 2008
St. Louis MO
What do I do when I'm taking a high dose Steroid for the next 2 weeks and it takes away my desires for my 3 favorite things... Smoking meat, drinking beer, and, well, umm, should I say 'extracurricular' activity.

I say SMOKE ON!! and let the appetite catch up later!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I'm counting on the smell of the smoke and food to get me in the mood...

I have on had to take steroids from time to time and you talk about eating I could eat bottom out of the smoker filled with anything good. You must have some strange staroids if they don't make you hungry.

I don't remember anything like that happening to me when I have to take prednisone. Then again, I don't remember much............
biggrin.gif

Recently experienced that myself. Several weeks of high dosage steroids left me apologizing to the missus, and not eating. Yes, in that order.

When you stop taking the 'roids, may take a week or so for them to work out of your system, but things will start functioning correctly.

I know to well what your going through, 2001 i was on high levels of steroids to get my MD & MG under control. i'm off them now but the meds they have me on now are also a doulbe edge sword. but my passion for bbq is more intense now so that the other stuff wont get me down. so dont let a few weeks of meds get you down! keep on smokin'

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky