Went and smoked some ribs on my Weber for Father's Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cybrslydr

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 18, 2017
Douglas, WY
My brother and I asked dad what he'd like food-wise for Father's Day and since we've done plenty of steaks, he wanted ribs this time.

So, we went to a local butcher to get some ribs - but they didn't have any. However, he said he'd cut some and let 'em sit overnight and we could come pick 'em up in the morning - perfect!

Got 3 racks and they were about 2.5-3lb each. My brother put a nice dry rub on it prior to cooking. We used the Weber Rib thingy to cook all 3 racks at once. Barely enough space on our 22" Weber Kettle! Put three drip pans in with water.

Smoked them with some apple wood chunks - hardest part was getting the number of charcoal briquettes right so the temp would stay in that 225-250 range. After a couple hours, we basted them with some Jack Daniel's Hickory BBQ sauce. Ended up cooking/smoking them for about 5-6 hours.

Here's the end result!

42324664554_418cc6c2b1_b.jpg

Unfortunately, this is the only image I have of them. However, there was a nice pink ring on the edges from the smoking and the sauce... Oh man, it carmelized nicely and was just the perfect amount of sweet.

This is funny because just recently I used my "thingy" for 3 full racks on my new kettle as well. This is the first time I haven't had to cut the racks in half. I couldn't fit full length racks in my other smokers. The Kettle does a great job with ribs in a rack even without foiling. I didn't miss it. But I'm pretty sure more than 3 racks will fit in the 22.5 kettle. I think mine is a Brinkman brand rack though.

rack.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky