Welcome New Members

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey, my Sig changed to Fire Stater and says "Knows Enuf to be Dangerous"
What I want to know is who spilled the beans( no pun intended). I know I'm dangerous but I didn't think ya'll would find out so quick
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

Hello all. I've been lurking for a while now and decided to join. I'm very impressed with the level of knowledge here. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute something...

Hi Richtee and All.
I came here from another forum that Richtee is active on and I have to say I love it here.
I am pretty new to smoking. I got an electric Bradley smoker as a gift a few months ago. I don't think I would have chosen this smoker but hey, it got me into smoking!
I can't wait to delve into the "fatty" and "ABT" world! Are those treats unique only to this board? Why haven't I heard of them before? What other secrets does this board hold?
Mo

Hia Mo! Good to see ya! Secrets? there are none... Just ask. Welcome to SMF !
Typically...new folks make a post in the Roll Call forum, FYI. If I was a mod..I'd move it, but...

I"d like to put my not 2 but 5 cents worth, First New Comers get Jeff"s rub and bbq recipe you will not go wrong. 2nd Thanks for joyning the Forum, anything you have a question about in meat smoking or even something else, just ask and wait, you will get your answer, The Forum is opened 24hrs/7days a week/365 days a year
smile.gif

New here, my smoker is a New Braunfels #5600 Bandera
I will try all the newbie learning I can get here...this looks like a great site.

so far I've done chicken parts and 4 pork steaks at one time and everything turned out great...

My next smoke was for speed....cooked the chicken half way on the grill side and smoked for about an hr on the chamber...this was tasty as well...

Hello all I am super excited to find this forum and plan to do alot of reading. I have already purchased the rub and sauce.

d

Hello Everyone, Looking for this spot for months, cooking 3 picnics, 1 butt, 2 whole chickens tomorrow. Just added a old woodstove to my 275 gal. cooker I made and still trying to get the meat as tender as before when I was off setting in the cooker. Reading the forums before I signed up I think you all have solved my problem. Looking forward to this forum. Still learning, got a long way to go.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Cook2712 - Welcome. If you head up to the Roll Call and post your own 'new' thread you will get a proper welcome. Please add a few details about your rig, etc as we are nosey and like to try and help.

Hey all, don't know how many of you are overseas, but I'm a thirty year expat, living and working in Bavaria, Germany, for the US FORCES. I have been gas grilling with a wonderful Brinkman for years, before that Char-Broil. Last year I bought a Kingsford barrel grill, and just last week added a smoker box to the end of it. Now the new world of smoking is opening up to me. Will start tomorrow with a beef rib roast. I am unsure of how to use the vents but read I should open the vent nearest the fire, use the stack to vent the air out the top. Anyone out there with experience using the Kingsford w/smoker attachment? Don't want to have to reinvent the wheel. I don't have lump charcoal, just plain ole Kingsford, and have some cherry wood, hickory chips, mesquite and some apple. Any suggestions for choice of wood for a standing rib roast of beef? Don't know if I can find lump charcoal here. So, off to my grill and some serious smoking! Best from Bavaria! Rick
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky