Weathering The Storm While Helping Others

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've had it for about 5 years now. The range isn't strong enough to have the receiver in the house. But the alarm can be heard from the back door. I just ordered this for the freezer I have coming.
Steve, I had one very similar to that. Was trying to monitor freezer in basement and one in the garage and mounted receiver in stairwell. Kept getting false alarms because of lack of range so just put in basement. Dropped when changing batteries and cracked casing. Wouldn't work afterwards. They are loud enough to hear from garage or basement though.

UGH!! I've managed to fall WAY behind following up with people in this thread. Please accept my apologies. I've been absolutely blown away with the outpouring I've gotten though. So many positive things said and so many people stepping up to help others. It literally brought a tear to my eye as it did one of the people who responded. We are but a very small sub-culture in this forum but I guarantee there is a MUCH higher proportion of generous and giving people in SMF than you'll find in any other group. To each and all who have taken the time to respond, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!! I wish I had the time to reply individually but at present, just do not so please accept this blanket token of my appreciation for all the wonderful things that have been shared in this thread.

Wishing you all the very best,
Robert

Cant believe I missed this post. Awesome gesture and post Robert! Getting to know you over the past year I wouldn't imagine anything less from you and Tracy!

Hats off and a thumbs up Robert That's the Texas way (Really all good peoples way)
Our Whole neighborhood is helping each other and others

Gary

Classy Robert, real classy!!
A fellow I know has a wife and 2 kids to feed. He was running short of meat and I had just butchered a 300 pound pig, so I stocked his freezer up. He called me the other day to let me know that that fresh veggies could get scarce, so any time I was running low , I just need to give him a shout. He always plants a huge garden, so he'll have lots of everything.
You gotta look after others these days.
I believe in the Law of Triple Return. Anything you do--good or evil--is always returned to you three times.
Gary

Robert, great read my friend. Very nice of you.

I've been there.... lived in my car for 6 months in college and I was rolling-pennies-for-gas-broke. I don't share that looking for sympathy, only to say that I know where you are coming from. I also keep everything fully stocked around the house. Have 4 freezers full of meats and wild game, and shelves in the pantry stocked with staples. And I too have been calling around asking the elderly I know if they need anything.

Thanks for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky