Watcha think of my setup?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

torchrider

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Finally got her setup. All 300 lbs. of her. Still have to clean and paint the smoker, but should be smokin soon.
icon_mrgreen.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Well, I see you got yer wood and plenty of it so get to smokin. I see now why you wanted a burn barrel cause your firebox ain't got no top access. Not being critical butt is that base large enough? Is it anchored?

beard

The base is not anchored yet. I may dig a hole about 6 inches deep and set her in. I am amazed at how stable it is though.
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif

Looks good to me. The firebox might be a little big so I wouldnt fill it. Get some test runs and see what the temps run at. Other than that
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I am thinking a very small fire is going to do the job..

Do you have any kind of a baffle to even out the heat? You might also consider adding a pan of water right at the firebox entrance to create a barrier and add some 200°'ish steam into the atmosphere to help regulate the temps.

Overall.. looks great and I would like to see some pics of her in action once you get it done and ready to go.

I am salivating over your woodpile.. (did I just type that out loud?)

I am getting low on wood right now so if you find some missing.. them darn termites..
icon_mrgreen.gif

Yes you have alot of good smokes in your future there Torchrider

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky