Wagyu Brisket from the MES40

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lovethemeats

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 17, 2015
Michigan
Picked up this baby from Huntspoint during the week. Comes in at 13.89lbs. Really nice marbling thru the meat.
Rub was a favorite store bought that I came across. Bourbon and Brown sugar. Has good flavor to it. Pellets are a blend of maple/apple. This will be a long slow cook for this one. These ones can handle it and not dry out.
20200109_213220.jpg 20200109_213307.jpg
Rub added and time to rest till tonight.
20200110_103729.jpg

Doing some preparation for the night smoke. Not to bad out. Temp not to cold out. Love Michigan weather in my area.
No snow. Just rain for the weekend.

ohhhhh myyyy! This is gonna be good!! And somebody got a pay raise!!
Yep. My place of employment decided to move to Traverse City. I didn't want to relocate. Been with them 25 years. Put my skills to work and found a better place right away. Only drawback is it's a midnight shift.

Reactions: yankee2bbq
I bet that will be FANTASTIC! A couple years ago, I had some Wagyu steak that was so tender it didn't even need a knife to cut. It was a pretty thin cut, actually. I never even considered there was such a thing as Wagyu brisket.

You're going to send us all some when its finished, right?

Reactions: lovethemeats
What a dinner. This by far is the one of the best I've eaten. Meat was so tender that a knife wasn't needed. The smoke wasn't too overwhelming covering the taste of the rub. Everything blended really good together. At first I added in my bbq sauce on top of the pieces on my plate. Mistake. While it added to the flavors. It just wasn't necessary. Next pieces didn't have any sauce. The smoked brussel sprouts were even better this time as I quartered them instead of just cutting in half. So I hope everyone drools over the pics. LOL. I would share but you have to come to my place for it and fight the wife. Ha! Good luck.
20200111_181717.jpg
20200111_182747.jpg
20200111_182855.jpg
20200111_183752.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky