VORTEX INFORMATION

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
In addition to my 1,000 pound Big Bertha and Bayou Classic 36" stick burners I have 2, 26" Weber Kettles that I frequently use. I see that many folks on this forum use the Vortex. If you have used one I would like the feedback. Thanks all.

The Vortex and the kettle are a match made in heaven. I use it allot. It's mainly thought of as a wing maker, but it's much much more then that.

Chris

I absolutely love it as well and use a medium on both the Weber 22 and the 26. As mentioned above, wings are incredible with it but I also use it to to go indirect and get good sear on steaks, to cook other breaded food (anything from chicken fingers, to rice balls, to breaded shrimp). Kettle fried chicken will change your world. The possibilities are endless. I even cook hot and fast ribs with the vortex set to one side and the ribs on the other side. Hour and 20 and you got tender juicy ribs.

Reactions: Hawging It
I absolutely love it as well and use a medium on both the Weber 22 and the 26. As mentioned above, wings are incredible with it but I also use it to to go indirect and get good sear on steaks, to cook other breaded food (anything from chicken fingers, to rice balls, to breaded shrimp). Kettle fried chicken will change your world. The possibilities are endless. I even cook hot and fast ribs with the vortex set to one side and the ribs on the other side. Hour and 20 and you got tender juicy ribs.
Thank you!

It’s everything it’s made out to be. I suggest at least a rag or glove when grabbing your lid handle and never reach across the blast zone.

Well I love using the vortex in my kettle. So many ways to use it. I can run 250 to 600 or so all depends on what I want to do with it.

On the 26er, you can get an entire family pack from Sam's on at one time. That's 42 wing sections . . .

IMG_2101.md.jpg

BD

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky