Virgin Fatty Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

j-rod

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
White Pine, TN
It was my first, certainly won't be my last. It was great, only wished I had used more cheese.

Got off work early and decided to try one of these things out. Cheese, onions, green peppers, bacon wrapped, slightly rubbed, in the smoke till it hit 160.

Simple and delicious, can't beat that combo.

That looks perfect, as well as the smoker, is it new?

Nice job on the first fatty. I wish I had me a couple slices of that right now while i watch my red wings win..Again!

J-ROD it looks great. I am going to try my first stuffed fatty for the super bowl. I have made many the regular fattys since finding this forum. Is that 1 or 2 sausage packs flattened out?

looks great dude................

what did you use for sausage?

jd or summin else.............

lets see iif i can give out points...........i THINK i only gave em out once today......

Hi Jrod,

Nice lookin fatty. I'll have to try the bacon on the next one. I always figured it was fat enough, but they look so nice with em wrapped. Are you close to where my brother is in maryville. I wonder what ever happend to him, he joined a couple days ago and ain't seen him since.

Thanks guys, it is JD sausage and I only rolled out one. I was only smoking for me and my wife so I didn't need alot of grub. By the way she really enjoyed it, means alot coming from her.

J-ROD
Looks great, congrats !!! Your wifes compliments are worth more than how it personally tastes, that is what drives me to try new and different smokes anyways.

Nice Job J-Rod & great q-view. I smoked my first two a couple of nights ago. I envisioned the yucky-greasy taste of fried JD & got NOTHING like that. I stuffed it with mushrooms, roasted yellow peppers, cheddar, mozz. & Japs. I WAS REALLY DISAPOINTED!.......That I didn't do about 8 more of them!

Fine lookin fatty J-ROD,I always wrap mine in bacon to because I think it holds together better,and I like the taste of the bacon with the fatty.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Excellent smoke! These fatties give a whole new meaning to the word "sausage"! I love 'em.
icon_wink.gif

I totally agree with bassman, I personally have never liked "breakfast" sausage. and I am a member of a co-op with some buddies of mine and we make all our own pork products every year. but sausage has never turned me on. I do like it in gravy, but I made a fatty last weekend for all of us for breakfast and we all loved it. will be making many a more.

Nice job there J-Rod, I do em all the time but plain because I just love Dutch's cowboy gravy. I think i'm going to have to venture into kicking it up.

Looks good Jrod and as you said the first of many. They make a great app. when having to wait for the main course to finish! The possibilities are only as short as the mind will allow. I have hade them with all kinds of things in them and only plain just rubbed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway good job!!!!!!!!!!!

JerseyHunter,
Smoked at 200-225 for about 2.5 hours (until center hit 160). I also turned the sausage halfway through. Hope this helps and good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky