Venison Meatloaf Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Been a while since I've done a meatloaf, so it's time. Started with some 70/30 slightly seasoned venison sausage.

1.5# venison sausage
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup diced garden tomato
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups Ritz crackers
2 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 egg
1 tbsp Killer Hog
20201007_132640.jpg

Mix all ingredients slightly
20201007_132951.jpg

Formed loaf and let sit in refer for couple hrs
20201007_133844.jpg

Decided to use the MES 40. Brought up to 275° for about an hr and backed down to 240° ready to cook. Tube of Lumber Jack Char Hickory pellets.
1 hr @ 240° , bumped up to 260° for 1 hr, bumped to 275° for 1 1/2 hrs and
( Had some heating issues with MES, so finished in grill. Have to figure out how to test element)
IT temp 161° , glazed and take temp to 165°
20201007_180449.jpg

Plated with some roasted baby reds and green beans.
20201007_181040.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking meatloaf and meal! Could go for some of that. Nice job

Ryan

Great looking meatloaf! Been a while since ive done one. Thanks for the reminder!

Nice looking loaf.

Warren
Thank you Warren, and for the like.
Good looking meatloaf and meal! Could go for some of that. Nice job

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, been to long since last one.
Just about lunch time here, know any fast delivery services that can get a slice to NC in the next hour?
Sure would have liked too. :emoji_relaxed:
Dang that looks good! Never had venison meatloaf, but would sure love to try a slice!!
Al
Thanks Al, one of our favorites. Just not often enough for as easy as it is.
Looks excellant!
Thank you kindly sir. And thanks for the like !
Great looking meatloaf! Been a while since ive done one. Thanks for the reminder!
Thanks Travis. Need to do more often that's for sure.

Johnny Ray Johnny Ray , BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma , luvcatchingbass luvcatchingbass , kruizer kruizer
thank you guys for the likes, it is greatly appreciated.

I did find out my element connectors are fried hampering my heating. Will have back in action soon I hope. . .

Looks great. I seem to always have venison in my freezer. I have to mix with beef thou. Never tried a venison loaf. Gonna have to.

Reactions: Winterrider
Got a lot of ground venison/ pork, heck of a lot cheaper than what burger was going for.

Reactions: pc farmer
Nice looking venison loaf.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky