Venison/Hot Italian Sausage Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

konk

Original poster
Feb 13, 2014
Notheast Wisconsin
I used 1.5# of ground venison/ground bacon and 1# of hot Italian sausage. Mixed in 2 eggs, 2 slices bread mixed with 1/2 cup milk, 3 TBS of garlic butter spice, and 1/2 cup bbq sauce, sautéed onions and celery . This was my first attempt at meatloaf on the smoker. Cooked at around 300° for about 3 hours. First picture shows ready for Weber grill with indirect heat and pecan wood , second shows going in grill, third shows meatloaf at 155° and ready for sauce, fourth shows final results, last one...…….chow time. You can see the smoke ring. It was awesome. Wife was skeptical at first, but loved it. meatlaof.jpg Meatloaf1.jpg meatloaf2.jpg meatloaf3.jpg meatloaf4.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky