Vacuum Sealers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cheryl1949

Original poster
May 20, 2010
I use a vacuum sealer quite a bit and have a Food Saver.  The gasket has gone south and when I tried to order one I was told they no longer make the parts for mine and I would have to buy a new one.  I was reading the reviews on Food Saver's and was surprised at the number of people having the same kind of problems I am having.  I am leary of buying another.  Does anyone have any suggestions on another vacuum system.  I used mine for wild game, fish and bulk items purchased.

Thanks Bones

I don't have a Foodsaver, but a quick search turned up gaskets and drip trays, maybe they're available for the newer/different models? 

I had the same problem. Im looking at the one that Cabela's sells. Just a bit pricey. Some guys on here have the original foodsaver which they say is really great and you can get replacement parts for them. I believe you can get them on ebay.

Last edited:
This is what you want.  Will last for years and replacement parts are always available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Foodsaver-ORIGN...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483a37d927

2811d9fd_foodsaver.jpg

This is what you want.  Will last for years and replacement parts are always available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Foodsaver-ORIGN...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483a37d927

2811d9fd_foodsaver.jpg
you got that right bud... that is the old original foodsaver before they started making the junk they sell in chain stores today. those are still sold today but they are called Vac U Pack, i friggingdentical, after all the years and changes F/S has made to there models, the original, or the Vac U Pack, is still 10 times the machine.

WATCH ebay for the foodsaver in the above pic they come along for20.00 to45.00

i have bought two for 30.00 each they are the best and you can get parts for them

I've been to the "company" web site where they're asking significantly more.  The ones offered through eBay seem to be all used.   My 1.5 year old fancy dancy foodsaver from Costco doesn't even suck much (pun intended).  Time to make a radical change.  Is the "used" really a good deal?  Your eBay link is about 200 dollars less than the "company's" offering. 

????????

I realize the original Food Saver with the nozzle is the machine to acquire, just have a question about the difference in quality between "new" and "used".

I've been to the "company" web site where they're asking significantly more.  The ones offered through eBay seem to be all used.   My 1.5 year old fancy dancy foodsaver from Costco doesn't even suck much (pun intended).  Time to make a radical change.  Is the "used" really a good deal?  Your eBay link is about 200 dollars less than the "company's" offering. 

????????

I realize the original Food Saver with the nozzle is the machine to acquire, just have a question about the difference in quality between "new" and "used".
How about this one @ Cabelas?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...ct&cmCat=Related_IPL_519377&id=0069038519156a

I should have thought about checking them out first when buying mine. They have VERY good customer service, which is something to consider down the road. 

For $100 more than I spent, I would rather have gotten the one in the link.

Downside to buying refurbished - you have only a 30 day window to return should it be defective. However, if anything should happen, (ie parts needed, non-functional) I am very sure they would replace or send the necessary parts out to ya. I'd go for this bad boy. (Also see the video). 

I added some of the VacUpack sealers to the Product Pages so you can compare models above the Description you'll find a Link tab that will bring up the link to their site with prices

Hi folks...I just got a foodsaver, exactly like the one pictured above.  It says Foodsaver by Tilia..and on the bottom it says

Model:  Foodsaver

FS No:  185679

Tilia Trust

F.L.A.E.K. Nuova SNC

Made in Italy

I believe this is indeed one of the good ones.

However, it didn't come with any sort of manual, bags or anything.  SO....my question is..do any of you own this one, and have instructions on how to use it..and what size and type of bags does it use?  I see it has a spot in the back for what looks like a ROLL of some sort could fit into.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

dan

I have a Sears Sral and Save.  It looked and had the same qualities as the food saver when I bought it but was around $40 cheaper. It's about 8-10 years old and still works fine.

Hi folks...I just got a foodsaver, exactly like the one pictured above.  It says Foodsaver by Tilia..and on the bottom it says

Model:  Foodsaver

FS No:  185679

Tilia Trust

F.L.A.E.K. Nuova SNC

Made in Italy

I believe this is indeed one of the good ones.

However, it didn't come with any sort of manual, bags or anything.  SO....my question is..do any of you own this one, and have instructions on how to use it..and what size and type of bags does it use?  I see it has a spot in the back for what looks like a ROLL of some sort could fit into.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

dan
Dan,

Will this help any??

http://vacupack.com/

Bear

Thanks for that link...while it has a different name "VacUpack" and mine says Foodsaver...they look identical.  So I wrote to them...hoping they'd send me a PDF instruction booklet or something.

Thanks

Dan

Thanks for that link...while it has a different name "VacUpack" and mine says Foodsaver...they look identical.  So I wrote to them...hoping they'd send me a PDF instruction booklet or something.

Thanks

Dan
They have a couple videos at that link. I didn't watch any, but I thought maybe they would help on how to use.

Bear

????????

Costco may take back the one you have that doesnt work. They have a awesome return policy. Might want to ask your local store. I was at mine the other day and they said they take stuff back anytime with the exception of like computers and all.

Costco may take back the one you have that doesnt work. They have a awesome return policy. Might want to ask your local store. I was at mine the other day and they said they take stuff back anytime with the exception of like computers and all.

The local Costco limit their return period to 1 year, with the noted exception you mention about computers.  I feel I've gotten reasonable fair use out of this product, so it's time to move on and get something far superior.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky