• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Umai Venison Chorizo

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crazymoon

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 24, 2014
I started a 5 pound batch of Umai Venison Chorizo yesterday with 3 pounds venison, one pound pork butt and one pound pork back fat. I'm shooting for 40% weight loss-see you in a month with the results ! CM
IMG_0236.jpg

oberst

Meat Mopper
Jan 8, 2015
Never tried this one so interested! I’ve gone over 40% drying a time or two but ended up with a “harder” sausage that I liked so would target right around 40% myself.

crazymoon

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 24, 2014
Looking good already.
Dogs will be very friendly when you're wearing those coats!
MC, That closet is full of old clothes that should be tossed or donated. The only thing in there I use is a fly fishing vest, maybe it will attract some fish ? :)

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
Lookin good Crazy...somehow I missed this thread. How'd they turn out or are you still drying?

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Ya I must have missed it too! It's ok...this here's a nice bunch, you can come out of the closet! 😁 But for as much as I love your smoked venison hearts this has got to be good!

Ryan

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Also missed this and would like to see the finished product. Bought alot of umai stuff last month and want to learn

crazymoon

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 24, 2014
Lookin good Crazy...somehow I missed this thread. How'd they turn out or are you still drying?
IDS, It's funny you asked as I am weighing them later today . They were about 40 grams off the desired 40% on the last weigh-in.

crazymoon

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 24, 2014
Also missed this and would like to see the finished product. Bought alot of umai stuff last month and want to learn
TNJ, Nothing to the Umai process, it's simple and straight forward !

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
I bet that’s going to be incredible. I love chorizo. Best I’ve had was last year from Bearded Butcher and it was lean turkey chorizo.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
CM, looks great… your gonna have some tasty treats! You remind me I need to order some more Umai stuff!

crazymoon

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 24, 2014
CM, looks great… your gonna have some tasty treats! You remind me I need to order some more Umai stuff!
Justin, I weighed it a few days ago and I'm still shy of my desired 40% loss. It's getting close though ! :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky