• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Twenty pounds of Kielbasa

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Cold, windy and damp day today. Good day to roll the smoke on twenty pounds of Kielbasa. The two on the rack I had run out of sausage casings but I had some beef middles which are meant for more like Sopressata, Summer Sausages, Liverwurst &Bologna. That will get sliced up into sandwich meat or pizza toppings.

Ingredients: (Based on a 20 lb batch.)
10 lbs of ground Pork (80/20)
10 lbs of lean ground Beef (80/20)

3 cups ice water
8 Tbs of Kosher Salt
2 Tbs of White Sugar
3 Tbs (heaping) Course Black Pepper (butchers grind)
3 tsp Powdered Garlic
4 tsp (heaping) Marjoram (rubbed)
4 tsp Cayenne
4 tsp Cure #1

¾ to 1 Cup Mustard Seed (optional)

zE5c0ml.jpg

HO85V4w.jpg

EmaEL5m.jpg

checkdude

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Jan 1, 2016
Looks great! Love me some kielbasa and yours is awesome. Some good eats there.

73saint

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Heck yeah that looks awesome! I’ve got red barn bologna going this weekend; will be using beef middles also.

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Jan 7, 2017
I need to learn how to make sausage. These look amazing.

If you're willing to make the investment in the essential tools, you'll find out how easy and satisfying it is.

But it's like anything else. It's easy to put out decent sausage, harder to out out GREAT sausage!

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Thanks fellow smokers
I left them hanging for 3 days. They dried out very nice. Kitchen smelt excellent for those 3 days. The casings dried just right with a nice snap when you bite into them. Very happy with this batch. All Vac Sealed and off to the freezer.

Attachments

• 2020-06-14 12.27.04.jpg
    2020-06-14 12.27.04.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 13
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky