Tuscan Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Evening fellas and non fellas. This is a crockpot meal but is one of Emily's favorites so I try to make it atleast once in the summer. Normally a winter meal for us.

Start with whole thighs then remove the skin. You'll need enough to completely cover the bottom of the cooker. 8 or so depending on size

IMG_20210719_120847.jpg

Skin removed and placed in cooker
IMG_20210719_121510.jpg

Top with a tablespoon of this or if you can't find that Italian seasoning will be fine
IMG_20210719_121738.jpg

Then top with a teaspoon of red pepper flake
IMG_20210719_121829.jpg

Top with half cup sundried tomatoes
IMG_20210719_121928.jpg
IMG_20210719_122053.jpg

Next you will make a sauce. Start with a tablespoon butter in a skillet on medium heat. Once melted add 6 cloves minced garlic. Sautee until the kitchen smells good
IMG_20210719_123302.jpg

Ad 1/3c chicken broth. Stir. Add half cup heavy cream and stir until it coats a spoon. Not too thick. Then add 3/4 cup fresh grated parm. Keep stirring until melted and mixed well. Then pour over the chicken thighs
IMG_20210719_123949.jpg

Set the cooker on low for 6-7 hours. About halfway through chop up some baby Bella's shrooms and add to pot. When finished remove thighs and add 2 cups of chopped spinach to the pot. Wait 15min. While waiting on that we made some angel hair pasta. Once finished plated with the pasta. Poured sauce over it. Topped with a thigh and more sauce and a shake of Parm.
IMG_20210719_194307.jpg

An easy and super delicious meal

Looks really good Jake! And like you... especially in colder weather!

Ryan

Reactions: TNJAKE
That looks fantastic Jake. Thanks for the step by step instructions. We love good slow cooker recipes.

Nice Jake, now I don't know which dish to cook next. I was going to do your Buffalo chicken thighs...until I saw this. This would be something that my wife would love.

That looks awesome Jake, thanks for the recipe! I need to make this for my better half, she’d love this!

Looks good. I make a Chicken Alfredo that is similar. I will now add Sun-dried Tomatoes and Spinach the next time the family asks for it...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky