Turkey Legs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Drevnick

Original poster
Apr 17, 2019
West Wisconsin
My wife has been craving smoked turkey legs... The problem is I am having a hell of a time finding them in Western WI Eastern MN. Meat markets or butcher shops do not have any. Any suggestions on where to get them from?

Not sure if this was the correct place to post this. If it needs to be move please do so.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I cant help you with a specific location to get them in WI or MN. But my best recommendation is to brine them with cure #1 such as Pops brine or Hillbilly Vittles Slaughterhouse brine with cure added.

Look forward to your pics!

Reactions: tallbm
My wife has been craving smoked turkey legs... The problem is I am having a hell of a time finding them in Western WI Eastern MN. Meat markets or butcher shops do not have any. Any suggestions on where to get them from?

Not sure if this was the correct place to post this. If it needs to be move please do so.

Thanks in advance.

I thought I've seen them in Walmart many years ago around Menomonee Falls and Milwaukee at the end of the fresh meat shelves where they start stacking pre-cooked and packaged foods like Hormel beef tips and shredded bbq meat and such. Things could have changed and Walmart is notorious for being out of items at any point in time and just plain sucks, but you may have some luck there :)

Last edited:
I consider myself in a small town and yet my local stores carry them. You might not looking hard enough. Doing them yourself is not that hard and likely 2-3x better. Welcome to SMF.

Our local grocer carries them in the section next to the gizzards, hearts and other innards.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky