Tropics Chicken Italian Sausage w/ Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bena

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 4, 2016
North Dakota
Hey All,

I was motivated by $5 for 6 lbs of chicken thighs and Richie's thread has been on my to do list for some time.   I found the recipe to be nice and balanced and great flavor.  The sausage passed the wife test even!  I  deboned, cubed, froze, cut up and ground through the small plate.   Mixed in the seasonings with ice water and did a few test patties and added some roasted red pepper to try.. didn't pass the wife test so I didn't bother on this batch.  Then I stuffed in to 32mm casings that I had handy.  Made a chicken pastas dish that she loved and gave permission to make more ;-)

Here is tropics thread -

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/254028/chicken-sausage-italian

the little grinder still is impressing me

ground nearly frozen chicken

seasoning before I freeze my hands...didn't want to break out the mixer

Test patty

5lb stuffer cool and ready

nicely uneven link size

Money shot -

Thanks for looking!

Ben That plate looks fantastic,I could do a plate full right now,making me hungry 

Richie

points.gif

That plate looks fantastic!

Everything looks delicious!

Point to you for making the carousel!

Al

Thank you- It was my first chicken sausage and will be making more! thanks for the points!

Well done.

Chicken sausage is on my list to try.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky