TIME! <warning..RANT>

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
1.gif

22.gif

On the beer timer method.
If the food will cook quicker than you can drink one beer, then you shouldn't be drinking while cooking that dish because it sounds like it might take two hands.

If it will take longer than a twelve pack, then you shouldn't be drinking err I mean cooking alone!
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

I know I ask for a time as a guide.. If on average you can smoke a bird in 2.5 hours I know when to toss it on the Q and how to plan other food.
But I know that the bird is not done till it hits temp.
I.m sure most folks are looking for a guide.

And when it comes to a brisket? A case??? No wonder so many of us LOVE cooking a brisket.
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif

Rich your rant is on the money though. They preach the same thing in school (culinary) its done when its done and not a moment sooner or later.

When it comes to the time spent to do BBQ right......I suffer for my BBQ.

Everything else gets put on hold and my family that loves the results understands that completely.

Bottom line is that there are too many variables to say how long a smoke will take.....the sooner a person embraces that truism....the sooner they will master their BBQ skills. Patience isn't just a virtue....it's a necessary ingredient in great BBQ.

Yesterdays smoke started at 10:30am with an outside temp in the low 30's and ended at 10:00pm by putting the two shoulders into the cooler to rest over night. Got up at 5:00am and had everyone who was up with me was sampling some truly awesome (and still piping hot) pulled pork.

No schedule...no rush...no worries.

That's why when I smoke, I stay close to my Jack D. It takes up much less space as long as the ice stash holds out!

"Sir, youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re drunk!" Yes, Madam, I am. But in the morning, I will be sober and you will still be ugly." –Lady Astor and Winston Churchill

“A woman drove me to drink and I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t even have the decency to thank her.†- W.C. Fields

“Twenty-four hours in a day, twenty-four beers in a case. Coincidence? I think Not.†- Stephen Wright

"After drinking four Martinis, my husband turns into a disgusting beast. And after the fifth, I pass out altogether." - Anonymous

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky