Throw me some ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Picked these up yesterday at Aldi. I have a few ideas of what I might do with them but thought I would check with everyone and see what kind of cool ideas you all come up with. Maybe un tie them and stuff with something and tie them back up? What kind of stuffing? Cut into medallions and quick sear? Keep whole no stuffing? Thow me some ideas. Just want to have fun with this one.
0416201946a.jpg

Throw it in Pop’s brine, add a couple Tbs of pickling spice, inject it with brine until it won’t take anymore. Give it 10 days or so, finish Rub how you like and smoke it. Amazing pastrami.

Throw it in Pop’s brine, add a couple Tbs of pickling spice, inject it with brine until it won’t take anymore. Give it 10 days or so, finish Rub how you like and smoke it. Amazing pastrami.
This sounds real good with lamb. I have a rub I use when making pastrami thats real simpme but awesome. ive probably made a few hundred lbs of pastrami now . but never with lamb. I think I'm going to try this but not with one of these loins. I think I'll get a leg roast for doing it. Thanks for the idea! Also injecting and 10 days for one of these would be big time overkill. They are tiny. Like the size of pork tenderloins each one is like 1.5 lbs lol. Nice tender cut.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
All I saw always Aldi. I sure miss that store since we moved to Hawaii. We love all their chips and I love the knock off cheetos (the skinny ones)

Loins are tender and flavorful. They're a Premium Cut and don't need much.
Garlic, Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, are all good Fresh Herb choices. They can be combined with Red Wine Vinegar or Lemon Juice and EVOO to make a marinade. Feta and/or a Garlic and Herb Cheese Spread like Boursin or Alouette used as a stuffing might be interesting as well...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky