This weekends smoke?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fourthwind

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
Thornton, CO
Got up this morning and cranked on the Klose at 5 AM for today's smoke.  Got a pork shoulder, and a Brisket on now with two racks of spares to go on later.  God bless my wife for loving bbq and letting me practice my recipes and methods!  Today is the first time I have used peach wood.  I must say that it sure smells good!

What are you guys and gals smoking this weekend?

Looks like a big nothing for me. BOOOOOO. I am on call for work so it can be hard to get into a smoke then have to leave for work. I did it once and I didn't get back in time and some really dry ribs. Guess I will just pull out some frozen Q I have and snack on that for this weekend. Enjoy the weekend Guys and Gals I will hopefully be able to look at all of your Qview to get me by until I get to fire up my UDS for my family reunion next week.

got a few things for the dolphin opening game tonight

1 whole chicken

1 turkey breast

1 hame and cheese fattie

jalapenos

maybe some peanuts

lots of budweiser and Jack

should be a fun night

Got my ribs and a pork butt on. Butts were BOGOF so I seasoned both and cooked one, froze the other..

Das ribs.

b14b29a3_025.jpg

Das Butts

69692632_026.jpg

Seasoned..

6d9c1ce9_027.jpg

This was our smoke today.  My first "Hot and fast" Brisket and burnt ends.  6 hours total cook time.  Came out fabulous..   Ribs and pork butt are in the final stages.  At this point I am really impressed by the peach wood.  I might have to stock up for this winter.  It gave the Brisket a great flavor with sweet undertones that are fantastic.  I can see why some really like it for comps.  I know I will certainly be working with it more.

3179083b_DSCI0072.jpg

Last edited:
Man that looks darn good! and a variety of food in one smoke!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I just cracked the foil on my ribs....... erotic aroma to say the least! The butt looks so good I may not even foil over the pan. Looks like you had a successful smoke and so far mine is right down the middle.

I did a little twist on fuel today with hickory kingsford on the bottom of the basket and royal oak hardword above it. i used royal oak in my chimney to start it off.. good results so far!

got a few things for the dolphin opening game tonight

1 whole chicken

1 turkey breast

1 hame and cheese fattie

jalapenos

maybe some peanuts

lots of budweiser and Jack

should be a fun night
.... hmmm... that's funny, I tossed some dolphin on the smoker for the game.... lol.... just kidding!

Nah... I just got back from Costco with two racks of spares and two chuckies, gonna toss them on tomorrow. Ribs for dinner, pulled chuck for other dinners during the week.

Smoke day is all done!  The shoulder is money!   I will be using this wood and recipe at my next comp without a doubt.  Ribs were really good as well.  I could certainly tell the wind and chilly morning made me use more fuel. Pit sucked down 35 pounds of coal.  5 more than normal.  Well worth it though!  Next weekend the team is getting together for a fattie and chicken smoke day..  Cant wait!

2bfa2cbe_DSCI0073.jpg

I have a brisket that will be going on at midnight and then a turkey that is brining and will be started in the morning.   A little competition between some friends tomorrow so it should be a good time.

Tomorrow will be two big chuckies and some sausage. got the chuckies rubbed up and resting in the fridge for wake up time sunday,

Did a 9 hour smoke on some bacon (qview later today) and got 3 butts rubbed and injected watiting to go on in a bit

This was our smoke today.  My first "Hot and fast" Brisket and burnt ends.  6 hours total cook time.  Came out fabulous..   Ribs and pork butt are in the final stages.  At this point I am really impressed by the peach wood.  I might have to stock up for this winter.  It gave the Brisket a great flavor with sweet undertones that are fantastic.  I can see why some really like it for comps.  I know I will certainly be working with it more.

3179083b_DSCI0072.jpg
Hmmm, An 8 X 10 (or larger) would look great framed & hanging!

Could call it "The Smoka Lisa" by "Leonardo Da Fourthwind".

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky