This sounds so good!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

az_redneck

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 8, 2006
Casa Grande, AZ
But it'll probably kill ya REAL fast (what a way to go)..
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I present to you my friends, Chicken Fried Bacon!

icon_razz.gif

Chicken Fried Bacon W/Cream Gravy
Recipe #156010
Bacon - it's the icecream of the meat world, high in Vitamin-G (grease) and bound to make the food police crazy! This side of fat douple-dipped in fat then fried in fat & served with a side of fat (cream gravy) recipe comes from Sodolak's Original Country Inn restaurant in Snook, Texas. Cream gravy is my own recipe. I do not admit to ever making fried bacon so prep time is a guesstimate

30 min prep
Fried Bacon
1 lb thick sliced bacon, cut in half
1 egg
1/2 cup milk (or cream or half & half)
1/2 cup flour
spices (optional)

Heat oil in a frying pan over med-high heat.
Whisk egg and milk together in a bowl.
Place flour in another bowl - season it if you'd like (garlic, pepper, salt, lemon, cajun, etc.).
Double dip - first in the egg mixture, then into the flour and repeat.
Fry in oil until golden brown.
Serve with cream gravy for dipping; also good served with steak.

Cream Gravy
3 tablespoons drippings or butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons heavy cream (whipping)
salt and pepper, heavy on the pepper

To make cream gravy:
Put drippings or butter in a sauce pan over med-high heat. Whisk in the flour until well blended; cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbly. Remove from heat and gradually add milk whisking constantly; return to heat & whisk until the gravy thickens; Whisk in the cream, salt & pepper.

Before I round 3rd and slide into home I gotta try some of that. Hey you only live once and I doubt anyone will make this a 7 day / week habit... so go for it... thanks for the recipe SmokeEater

Keep Smokin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky