Simple Meal...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...and only one pic. Today is our dearest friends' 42nd anniversary so I cooked them a simple, down home meal. Fried cube steak, rice with mushroom/onion gravy, butterbeans cooked with smoked jo(for those of you who know what smoked jo is :emoji_wink:), and yeast rolls with honey butter. Served on our finest dinnerware...
1000011555.jpg

Ahyessir on the smoked jo. I bet it's Morty's Pride brand even. Some of the stores here carry it for 2.99lb, some are a little higher.

Before I started making my own BBB, I consumed an awful lot of jowl bacon. TBH, I still eat a fair amount. Gonna do a pot of chowdah this weekend, got 1.5lbs of Morty's best in the fridge already.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky