This Ain't Your Mama's Fried Chicken.....................great football munchie!

Discussion in 'Grilling Chicken' started by smokinvegasbaby, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Moderator Oldschoolbbq I wasn't sure where to post my FRIED chicken recipe so I posted it here.  I'm sure you will move it if it's not in the right spot.  If you do move it please tell me where to post fried chicken recipes for future posting thanks.

Anyway, After weeks of eating healthy and drinking lots of healthy Green Drinks, I made an executive decision and made myself a batch of good-ole-fried-chicken yesterday.  Here's my bird view - Crispy Fried Chicken with Wasabi Ranch Dip, savory coleslaw, and my homemade dill pickles and carrots...... it was really good!  Go to my blog for the step-by-step http://theroedtogoodcooking.wordpress.com/2014/10/27/crispy-fried-c…sabi-ranch-dip/

Also checkout the post "Making Homemade Dill Pickles, Pickled Carrots, Onions and Garlic" http://theroedtogoodcooking.wordpress.com/2014/10/17/making-dill-pi…ons-and-garlic/ Enjoy!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    dirtsailor2003 likes this.
  2. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

If I call you Mama, can I claim the chicken as my Mama's, lol!!! That's some tasty chicken and I love the wasabi ranch dip! If there was some mashed taters and gravy I'd be in heaven!!!

Nice cook Josie! Points!

3. Lol DS! No mashed taters and gravy I was trying to be good yesterday.  Been eating healthy the last three weeks didn't want to go to far off the "healthy eating trail".................dang it! thanks for the points. 

Be Blessed,

Josie

4. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That looks great!

I must admit?

I cook a lot of things and I think I do some of them well?

To this day, the perfect fried chicken is a tough deal for me.

Yours looks like a great meal!

Good luck and good smoking.

5. thanks Venture.  I wish I could eat my fried chicken everyday.......but I know that would NOT be good for my waistline lol.

Be Blessed,

Josie

6. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

No problem with the placement Vegas , Poultry is Poultry. However your Chicken looks as if it needs a Q/C test...wrap it all up and send it to me.....[​IMG]

7. brooksy

brooksy Master of the Pit

Mmmmmmm great looking chicken Josie!! I'm with Oldschool I think you should send me a plate to Florida just to make sure it's done right! Great cook as usual!

8. I would love to send you a plate oldschoolbbq but my fried bird didn't last through the football game LOL........thanks for the info re: the placement.

Be Blessed,

Josie

9. LOL Brooksy - next time you and your wife come to "Adult Disneyland" stop by I will make you a batch! 

Be Blessed,

Josie

10. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey SJ, I almost missed this awesome thread..... Sure glad I didn't, super nice eats ya had there, YUM ! Thumbs Up

Bro J

11. thanks Bro J.

Be Blessed,

SJ

12. waterinholebrew

Now ya know Nicole & I are gonna have to try this one..... Thanks ! :biggrin:

13. absolutely try this you're gonna love them - these are my grandbabies favorite things [​IMG]

14. waterinholebrew

Will do for sure, hope all is well with ya my smokin friend ! Take care & chat with ya soon !

15. All is well with me and Sophie. Took Sophie to the doggie park for the first time and she had a blast!  She was definitely the most popular girl out there [​IMG]

16. waterinholebrew

Haha, that is great..... Glad ya had fun, she's getting big.... She grew into her ears, LOL !! Her ears used to be almost half of her, she's always been a cute pup ! Thanks for sharing the pics !

17. ha-ha I am glad she finally grew into those big ole beagle ears too.  She is my joy these days :eek:)

18. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Awww. Sophie is a cutie. Thinking Beagle Pup for Christmas [​IMG]  , I so miss my Chia baby...lost my pic of her in my 'puter switch.  A beautiful Golden cross , I support Pet Cancer causes now. sniff...[​IMG]

19. a beagle pup for Christmas would be a great idea.  I too support Pet Cancer causes.  We lost our beautiful boxer (Brandy) last year to Lymphoma cancer.  It was so sad when we had to say goodbye to her.  The one thing that comforts my heart is knowing she is in heaven with my Jerry and neither one is in any more pain.  Don't forget to post pics of your new beagle pup.  I'm busy today preparing for a birthday party I am hosting and catering!  Have a great weekend oldschoolbbq.

Be Blessed,

Josie

20. bdskelly

bdskelly Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

There is a real art in properly  frying chicken.  And this is textbook quality yardbird. Outstanding looking chicken. Wish I could do as well. I was in Vegas all last week for the SEMA show. Had I of known this was on the table I'd of stopped  by!

Brian