The Morning Grind!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wish you the best Ray. Friend of mine has to have shoulder joints replaced also. First one in 3 weeks. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun but better than pain and non-fuctional.
Thank you, and I hope your buddy has a doc that's done a lot of shoulder surgery, it's some tricky stuff. Just think, 50 years ago they didn't replace anything, you just sucked on the pain until you died. RAY

Loooks great Ray! With those beans for breakfast I feel like you may have a little Canadian or Brit in you. I grew to love beans with breakfast when I spend most weeks in Toronto area.
Thanks Jeff! 93º here today, looks like a BS flattop breakfast on the patio, maybe a little dip in the pool! RAY

Reactions: Winterrider
Hey Ray, I've been wondering where you were, I've missed your weekly cartoons and jokes. I surely wish you a good surgeon and crew, that all goes well, and that the rehab is stellar.
Hey Lynn, the jokes are still there every week, but now you have to scroll down to the "Jokes" section. Some newb was posting a 6-8 old jokes a day so the powers that be stopped letting them be known on the big board, you have to dig for them. Just another case of how the few can screw things up for the many. Thanks for the like Lynn! RAY

Heal quickly. Burgers are good medicine.
Thanks Sven! I'm thinking pasta will work better until I can eat with both hands! RAY

Meat looks great Ray. You seem to have a solid plan. Hoping the best for your surgery, let us know how it goes. Been missing your jokes, etc lately, glad to see you post.
Thanks Jim! The jokes are there, now you have to scroll down to find them, they wanted to make them harder to find, and it worked! Thanks for the Like Jim, much appreciatted! RAY

Good to get all the labour work done before the surgery, and good luck with that. David
Thanks David, I'm trying to get done all that I can, but that ain't much at the moment, and I won't be doing much all summer. Working the patio flattop and Weber will be my only chores, it will be a lot of rehab time in the pool with Bob. Thanks for the Like! RAY

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Great job as always Ray!
Thanks Steve, and thank you for the Like! RAY

Rehab at home with your own pool and Bob the attendant , nice David
I held off as long as I did just to be able to rehab in the pool, Bob loves it! I'm thinking when I get the right shoulder done I'll have football season to entertain me. Always thinking and planning for the best! RAY

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Both sides, that's a drag Ray. Glad you have a plan. Like the others, I hope your surgery and reoveries go well and swiftly. I'll bet the pool will help and it is good you have it to help in rehab.

We'll be thinking about you. Keep us posted as you can. - Kim

Reactions: sawhorseray
Wish ya the best of luck with your surgery Ray, and on the recovery! Ryan

Both sides, that's a drag Ray. Glad you have a plan. Like the others, I hope your surgery and reoveries go well and swiftly. I'll bet the pool will help and it is good you have it to help in rehab.
We'll be thinking about you. Keep us posted as you can. - Kim
Thank you both very much, I appreciate the thoughts. I won't be posting much for awhile I reckon, no idea what's in store yet. No typing required to post jokes, I'll most likely still be doing those come Tuesdays. RAY

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Thank you both very much, I appreciate the thoughts. I won't be posting much for awhile I reckon, no idea what's in store yet. No typing required to post jokes, I'll most likely still be doing those come Tuesdays. RAY
Thanks for letting us know about the jokes not being posted on the main page. Sad some people have to act that way!

Ryan

Nice breakfast and looks like you’re set for a bit with the burger! 👍

Good luck with the shoulder surgery, it’s no fun but will be worth it! Here’s to a quick recovery Ray, hoping the best for ya! 🍻

Looks like you are all set for a bit! Good luck on the surgery, Ive had to do both shoulders and it made a huge difference after the recovery! You'll be in our prayers!

Nice breakfast and looks like you’re set for a bit with the burger! 👍

Good luck with the shoulder surgery, it’s no fun but will be worth it! Here’s to a quick recovery Ray, hoping the best for ya! 🍻
Thanks Justin, whatever happens will be better than what's going on right now! RAY

Looks like you are all set for a bit! Good luck on the surgery, Ive had to do both shoulders and it made a huge difference after the recovery! You'll be in our prayers!
Thanks Jed, never thought I'd say this but I'm looking forward to it! RAY

Nice Ray. Ten ounce burgers! You make them big, I usually go 1/3rd Lb/151Gr. You gonna use these for shoulder rehab? :emoji_grin:
Thanks Moto! I used to make them 3/4 pound pattys but don't eat quite as much these days, and I don't need fries! Easy enough to cut the patty in half for a smash burger too. I bake my own buns, bigger buns need a bigger burger. RAY

The burger looks great, Ray! You should be set for the long haul now.
At least now I don't have to go for store-bought burger meat. Been well over 20 years since I've had to resort to that, I like to know what I'm eating most of the time
I completely understand that. I need to get back to grinding my own.
Getting ready for shoulder replacement surgery
I wish you all the best for a successful surgery and recovery. I've only had rotator cuff surgery and I know how long that takes to recover from, I have no idea about replacement surgery. Best wishes to you...

Good with the surgery hopefully all comes out well. Following Dr's instructions holds a big part in the final results. The breakfast and grind looks awesome.

Warren

Apologies for being late to the party Ray but things been kinda hectic around here...and in Florida. That's a pile of great looking burgers buddy. You sir are one of the best where consistently perfect burgers are concerned and it's always a pleasure seeing when you make one. Best of luck with the upcoming surgeries but I'm looking forward to the day when the shoulder pain is gone and you can live a normal life my friend.

Robert

The burger looks great, Ray! You should be set for the long haul now. I completely understand that. I need to get back to grinding my own. I wish you all the best for a successful surgery and recovery. I've only had rotator cuff surgery and I know how long that takes to recover from, I have no idea about replacement surgery. Best wishes to you...

Thanks Charles, I don't care how long it takes, just want it done, affects everything. Thanks for the Like! RAY

Good with the surgery hopefully all comes out well. Following Dr's instructions holds a big part in the final results. The breakfast and grind looks awesome. Warren

Thanks Warren, I should know after the first one if the other is worth doing, not like I have a job to get back to. Thanks for the Like! RAY

Apologies for being late to the party Ray but things been kinda hectic around here...and in Florida. That's a pile of great looking burgers buddy. You sir are one of the best where consistently perfect burgers are concerned and it's always a pleasure seeing when you make one. Best of luck with the upcoming surgeries but I'm looking forward to the day when the shoulder pain is gone and you can live a normal life my friend. Robert

Thanks Robert! Just getting ready for this has been nothing but a huge pain in the ass, maybe some day it will be over, who knows. Thanks for the Like amigo, much appreciated. RAY

Reactions: halleoneagain
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky