THE KELVINATOR!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

muleboy

Original poster
Jul 4, 2017
Hi just wanted to share a picture of my 1944 Kelvinator fridge project.....The previous owner had it set up with a firebox and only smoked fish with it......I removed the firebox setup and installed a adjustable heating element I found on Amazon.com....I also stripped the old gasket material off of the door and put up some 3/4 inch wood stove gasket...I decided that I wanted an outside smoke source so I could control it better and not have to open the smoker while in use and it gives me the option of cold smoking  So I removed the elbow in the outside smoke stack and added the tee so I could connect my cold smoker with flexible venting.....I just got it fired up today and it works better then I expected....I still have some touch up paint to do around the door handle and Kelvinator emblem that I stripped the black paint off of....now it matches my Harley Roadking....lol.....I wanted to post it on here because this forum inspired me to do this....Thanks to all the other contributors and answer seekers on here for setting up some guidelines for me .

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky