Texas Style Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks awesome to me.

, Sounds like you do yours the way I do mine for the most part. Inject all the beef broth it will hold then salt, pepper, and some garlic. What's different is I stopped doing a foil wrap and started putting it in a disposable aluminum pan and add some beef broth to the pan before covering it tight with foil

Reactions: Fueling Around
I don't inject brisket.
Once it hits the stall, I put in a foil pan and cover tight same as pineywoods pineywoods . I may leave it on the pellet pooper or move indoors to the oven.
After the meat passes stall it releases a lot of juices that I really want to keep.

Reactions: 912smoker
Ring looks nice. Im in the cold north so using the oven to finish stuff is almost standard in the winter. Looks beautiful. Well done.

Corey

Not as juicy as I had hoped, but still very tasty and delicious.
View attachment 520299

Nice work, it's looking pretty good from here!

If it was a little dry and a little tough then it still needed to go more.
Briskets are done when they are tender, never by time or temp.
We can use temp to check for tenderness. Check for tenderness by stabbing all over with something like a wooden kabob skewer and when it goes in like butter all over then its tender and ready.

A lot of people don't realize this but accurately placing the temp probe on a brisket is like one of the hardest things ever to nail hahaa. I use 3 all aiming for the thickest yet center most part of the FLAT muscle and usually only 1 gets there properly. How do I know? 1 of the 3 usually reads much lower than the rest hahaha.

So if you didn't get as juicy as you like, and if you cooked to temp alone, then I think the trickiness of probe placement may have got ya. No biggy just heat up a little hard in the microwave while slices are on your plate and you will notice it is plenty juicy and tender at that point :)

I hope this info helps :)

That brisket looks awesome, but looked to be VERY lean from the get go, If you have leftovers reheat in some foil with some tallow poured over the meat, ghee will work as well.
Dan

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky