Texahio style Chile and mini quesadillas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Texahio style beef chili and green chile cheese mini quesadillas. Chili base is a rich sauce made from simmered Guajillo, Arbol and Ancho Chile’s with smoked beef broth, coffee and sugar free dark chocolate. Seasoned with salt, cumin, cinnamon and Mexican oregano. Finished off with onions, bell peppers, some bacon and a ton of chuck roast. All finished up in the Instant pot. Served with some mini green chili and cheese quesadillas fried on the griddle. These are made with Mr. Tortilla mini tortilla. Only 1 net carb per shell. Didn’t feel like making keto tortillas today.
D55DEFBF-6636-403E-9A3F-0928E17CC41F.jpeg
C6FAD33E-5E03-46AB-8789-C138BC8F4A31.jpeg

Sound good to me. We need to get a pot of Red going...JJ

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great Jeff! How do you like the Mr.Tortilla?
They were tasty!! Definitely what one would call “dirty keto” because they do contain wheat. I have no issue with it once in awhile.

They were tasty!! Definitely what one would call “dirty keto” because they do contain wheat. I have no issue with it once in awhile.
Nothing wrong with that.. Ivy doesn't follow keto but definatly low carb. We have been buying this bread lately. 1 net g. It also contains wheat. But hey when you want some bread it's darn good! Lol! 1206202109_HDR.jpg

That’s one hell of a great looking bowl of chili Jeff! Warms me up on this cold day just looking at it.

The base sounds interesting and delicious with your additions of coffee and chocolate.

Well Jeff, I'm running a bit late to the party but once again my friend, your culinary excellence shines through. Every time I see you post something I think it can't get any better but boy do you keep proving me wrong!! That is an award winning meal right there. Simply outstanding!!

Robert

I had to look up Texahio, apparently a country song by Dallas Moore?
And I see you are in Ohio so it's appropriate for you chili.
It looks good.
I also make my chili with guajillo and ancho chiles. I slit open the dried chiles, remove the seeds and stem, toast in dry skillet, soak in hot water, blend into sauce, and cook it up with tomatoes, onion, jalapeños (for heat), and of course beef.

I had to look up Texahio, apparently a country song by Dallas Moore?
And I see you are in Ohio so it's appropriate for you chili.
It looks good.
I also make my chili with guajillo and ancho chiles. I slit open the dried chiles, remove the seeds and stem, toast in dry skillet, soak in hot water, blend into sauce, and cook it up with tomatoes, onion, jalapeños (for heat), and of course beef.
Similar process here

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky