Teriyaki ribeye steak/ sous vide

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

remsr

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 8, 2014
Woodbury Minnesota St Paul)
A3B98E93-8096-49F4-8AF7-CC4857A4CDCF.jpeg
8AC0D3EA-06D8-4E73-8689-A9FBDAED7B82.jpeg
Hi all! Haven’t made teriyaki stake in a long time, the last time it was cooked on the grill which was always good but required being cooked well done to bring out the best teriyaki flavor. This time I wanted to see if I could capture that same flavor in a sous vide bath medium rear.
I have tried a lot of bottled teriyaki sauces and most taste like Gerital, for the younger folks who come along after Gerital it taste like medicine. Some recipes I tried left something to be desired as well. The recipe that I use is simple and great.
It consists of soy sauce, sugar, pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, honey and water.

I marinated the ribeyes over night then vacuum sealed them and froze them a few weeks ago until I was ready to cook them.
I thawed one out and put it in the sous vide bath set at 130 degrees for 31/2 hours then seared them on both sides at 650 degrees on the grill.
This stake was so tender you could cut it with a fork and was extremely juicy. The taste was good but I miss that heavy grill flavor but Ai will definitely do this again.
Thanks for looking.

Randy,

Looks Great Randy!!:)

Nice Job! "Like"

I haven't done any SV Ribeyes yet, because they're already Tender on the Grill.

However we just had our toughest "Choice" Ribeye ever, so I'm considering trying a Ribeye "SV to Grill".

Bear

Looks like a tasty steak Randy! Been a while since we had a SV ribeye, we've finished them on the grill or cast iron. Again, nice cook!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky