Tenderloin Tips W/ Green Onions & Broccoli In Bourbon Mushroom Sauce (W/Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Y'all have Tracy to blame for this one. I've been blowing the forum up recently and was gonna lay low for a while but she has a different idea. When I mentioned to her last night that I was not gonna post this, she set the record straight in a hurry by telling me that this is so good, I have to share it. The presentation is nothing to write home to mom about the the flavor of this stuff was incredible. I tried to duck her demand but she sent me a text message a little while ago "reminding" me to do the post. Being the obedient and well trained husband, here goes.....

The tips
005.jpg

Into a pan with a nice dose of my beef rub
002.jpg

Brown the tips and start building bourbon the gravy
003.jpg

In the rice steamer I put a 50/50 mix of long grain wild rice and quinoa, used beef broth instead of water, and about 1 1/2 t of granular beef bouillon
004.jpg

Portabellas, green onions, and broccoli all cut up
005.jpg

Gravy starting to thicken up so time to add the broccoli and green onions
006.jpg

Let that cook down till the broccoli is just starting to soften then add the shrooms
007.jpg

Simmer on low till the shrooms cook down a bit
008.jpg

Made a nice little Italian style salad
010.jpg

Dinner plated. Tips and gravy on a bed of the rice/quinoa mix and salad
012.jpg

As much as I intended to take a hiatus from posting for a while, Tracy is right; this is just too good not to share. Again, a very simple meal that was quick and easy to prepare but unbelievably flavorful and gratifying. I'm really starting to enjoy this "new" style of my cooking. Fair warning though. I have an idea for dinner this evening that is either going to be an epic disaster of a really over-the-top meal. If the latter of those two is the outcome, you're gonna see another post tomorrow. Add to that, I have an order of the monster Certified Piedmontese Beef tomahawk rib eye steaks that will be delivering very shortly. Those will be prepared for our Navy guests as our New Years dinner. I'm still thinking through the menu but after reading the thread by S S-met I might just have to do something really elevated for this one. I'm not gonna go to the point of printing menu cards but this may be a whole new approach for me from a standpoint of meal preparation and serving. That thread was absolutely awe inspiring!! Well, y'all know the drill by now. I'm off to meet some friends at my little pub so will see everybody later. Have a great afternoon!!

Pub bound and down,
Robert

I knew there was something going on here... My Robert post Spidey senses were going off... :emoji_laughing:

As usual, Tracy is/was right! Excellent looking meal as per usual!

Enjoy the pub and have a great night!

Reactions: S-met
Y'all have Tracy to blame for this one. I've been blowing the forum up recently and was gonna lay low for a while but she has a different idea. When I mentioned to her last night that I was not gonna post this, she set the record straight in a hurry by telling me that this is so good, I have to share it. The presentation is nothing to write home to mom about the the flavor of this stuff was incredible. I tried to duck her demand but she sent me a text message a little while ago "reminding" me to do the post. Being the obedient and well trained husband, here goes.....

The tips
View attachment 426123

Into a pan with a nice dose of my beef rub
View attachment 426124

Brown the tips and start building bourbon the gravy
View attachment 426126

In the rice steamer I put a 50/50 mix of long grain wild rice and quinoa, used beef broth instead of water, and about 1 1/2 t of granular beef bouillon
View attachment 426127

Portabellas, green onions, and broccoli all cut up
View attachment 426128

Gravy starting to thicken up so time to add the broccoli and green onions
View attachment 426132

Let that cook down till the broccoli is just starting to soften then add the shrooms
View attachment 426134

Simmer on low till the shrooms cook down a bit
View attachment 426136

Made a nice little Italian style salad
View attachment 426138

Dinner plated. Tips and gravy on a bed of the rice/quinoa mix and salad
View attachment 426140

As much as I intended to take a hiatus from posting for a while, Tracy is right; this is just too good not to share. Again, a very simple meal that was quick and easy to prepare but unbelievably flavorful and gratifying. I'm really starting to enjoy this "new" style of my cooking. Fair warning though. I have an idea for dinner this evening that is either going to be an epic disaster of a really over-the-top meal. If the latter of those two is the outcome, you're gonna see another post tomorrow. Add to that, I have an order of the monster Certified Piedmontese Beef tomahawk rib eye steaks that will be delivering very shortly. Those will be prepared for our Navy guests as our New Years dinner. I'm still thinking through the menu but after reading the thread by S S-met I might just have to do something really elevated for this one. I'm not gonna go to the point of printing menu cards but this may be a whole new approach for me from a standpoint of meal preparation and serving. That thread was absolutely awe inspiring!! Well, y'all know the drill by now. I'm off to meet some friends at my little pub so will see everybody later. Have a great afternoon!!

Pub bound and down,
Robert
Beautiful plate. Really nice color. Good job!

I'm still thinking through the menu but after reading the thread by S S-met S S-met I might just have to do something really elevated for this one.
Thanks for the recognition. Remember, elevated does not have to mean complicated. Everything in my meal was simple enough to do while functionally inebriated. Minor to moderate prep and planning in advance and that evening meal was a breeze.

I drink regularly (on weekends) but rarely more than 2 drinks. I was 6-7 in by the time I started grilling shrimp I was thinking I'm so glad I just needed to follow the menu. Everything was prepped. I did set timers incase I got distracted.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky