Tacos too!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
After watching a couple of threads about tacos I got the hankering for some.

OI000011.jpg

A few of these hit the spot. Pretty much your normal taco. I used homemade low salt seasoning instead of the store bought. Not so much that I'm watching the salt, though I should. I like this better.
3 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
1/4 tsp accent

Last edited:
Looks good . I like the homemade seasoning too . Store bought is too salty .
Hard to beat tacos .

Looks good. We usually get the Old El Paso envelopes and Dr. It up with Chili Powder, Garlic, Onion, Marjoram, Black Pepper, some Sugar to balance the salt and a bit of MSG. That goes in most foods I cook...JJ

Looks good Steve. I love tacos. Robert sent me some of his homemade taco seasoning. It's so damn delicious I'll probably never use anything else

Looks good Steve. We have Tacos about 2-3 times per month. Always with ground beef. We use the store bought flavoring, and it is too much salt. Might try homemade next time. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Those are some fine looking tacos Steve!! So many different ways they can be done to mix up the menu but a good straight-up taco is hard to beat!!

Robert sent me some of his homemade taco seasoning. It's so damn delicious I'll probably never use anything else

Glad you're liking it!! When you start running low just let me know. I'll send you the recipe...and any of the others you might like. If memory serves me correctly there were 7 different spice mixes and rubs in that Christmas exchange package. Just save the shaker bottles!! They are reusable of course.

Robert

Reactions: TNJAKE
giphy.gif

Hell yeah Steve! Who doesn't love a good taco? Thanks for the recipe as well. You will have to try Robby's sometime and see what you think. I am with Jake...damn delicious!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Nice taco’s Steve! Sometimes a straight up taco is all that’s needed.

I’ll take 6 with a few packs of Diablo sauce thrown in:emoji_wink:

What is this diablo sauce you speak of Joseph?

Rumor has it that he was the proud and grateful recipient of a recent package containing the substance of life: Taco Bell Diablo sauce. Joseph will forever be the envy of all mankind with such a generous and thoughtful gift. Now if he just had a Prince Greatest Hits CD to listen to while enjoying his beloved Diablo sauce, life would be the personification of perfection.

Spreading the rumors....
Robert

Rumor has it that he was the proud and grateful recipient of a recent package containing the substance of life: Taco Bell Diablo sauce. Joseph will forever be the envy of all mankind with such a generous and thoughtful gift. Now if he just had a Prince Greatest Hits CD to listen to while enjoying his beloved Diablo sauce, life would be the personification of perfection.

Spreading the rumors....
Robert

Wait until it ages like a fine wine just in time for next Christmas!

Looks good . I like the homemade seasoning too . Store bought is too salty .
Hard to beat tacos .
Thanks!

Looks good. We usually get the Old El Paso envelopes and Dr. It up with Chili Powder, Garlic, Onion, Marjoram, Black Pepper, some Sugar to balance the salt and a bit of MSG. That goes in most foods I cook...JJ
Thanks Jimmy!

Looks good Steve. I love tacos. Robert sent me some of his homemade taco seasoning. It's so damn delicious I'll probably never use anything else
Thanks Jake!

Looks good Steve. We have Tacos about 2-3 times per month. Always with ground beef. We use the store bought flavoring, and it is too much salt. Might try homemade next time. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Mike!

I am with you Steve, quite a few nice lookin' taco meals lately, and your is no exception.

Great Job, BIG LIKE Brother!

John
Thanks John!

Looks good Steve
Thank you Jim!

Those are some fine looking tacos Steve!! So many different ways they can be done to mix up the menu but a good straight-up taco is hard to beat!!

Robert
Thanks Bud!

View attachment 479206

Hell yeah Steve! Who doesn't love a good taco? Thanks for the recipe as well. You will have to try Robby's sometime and see what you think. I am with Jake...damn delicious!
Lol! Thanks!

Nice taco’s Steve! Sometimes a straight up taco is all that’s needed.

I’ll take 6 with a few packs of Diablo sauce thrown in:emoji_wink:
Lol, thanks! And you no where to get those Diablo sauce paskets!

Those looks great steve! I'll have to give your seasoning a try sometime. We do tacos every Tuesday or darn close to it. Always looking for new things to try!

Those tacos look great Steve, Like. I'm going to try the seasoning out with some ground beef, but I'm more of a soft flour tort guy. RAY

Looks great.
Must be the season. I made up some taco meat last night.
I've been using my own seasoning blend for about 20 years to cut the salt and get some decent flavor.
Your blend is for about a pound package?
Last trip down the Mexican aisle at grocery, I found a taco shell called a "Fiesta Flat". Makes roughly an open face taco.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky