Super Bowl brisket.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ekucolonel62

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
This weekend I'll be smoking a brisket for my family Super Bowl party. This will be my second brisket ever. My first brisket was 14# and for whatever reason only took just over 12 hours to smoke at 225*. It was delicious but now has me second guessing myself on cooking times for my second brisket.
I need this Super Bowl brisket to be finished around 2-3 pm.
The overall reason for this post was to ask for recommendations on your cooking methods. I've read many posts as well as Jeff's instructions and obviously there are many different beliefs. I would like to know some of your tested and perfected brisket smoking methods.
This is a smoking beginner asking for ideas from people more experienced than I.
Thanks for the help
Josh

Hi Josh, As you stated,

"I've read many posts as well as Jeff's instructions and obviously there are many different beliefs"

and they all work. I'm sure no mater which one you pick it will turn out fine. As to getting the meat done at a certain time that is easier to answer. Get it done early wrap in foil then some towels and place in a well insulated well sealed cooler. This will hold up to 3-4 hours if put in off the grill. Try to use a cooler no larger than towel wrapped meat. You don't want the meat to get below 141* and it won't be if the cooler is kept closed.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky