Sunday's Pork Shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dasmoker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Howdy folks. Have not posted in quite a while, but have been reading here a lot lately. Trying to push spring/summer here a little faster, i have begun grilling and smoking a little early this year. I know some of you, even in the colder area's are all year grillers, but I HATE the cold, so I do not grill or smoke during the winter/early spring. Anyways, Have done a couple racks of ribs, grilled wings twice, some Italian Sausage (just cooked, did not make from scratch), some potatoe foil packets.

But yesterday I smoked a 9 lb bone in shoulder (9 hour smoke), made wicked baked beans (smoked for 3 hours), a homemade slaw, and a homamde vinegar based sauce. Being from the northeast, not everyone digs the vinegar based auce, so I made sure to have some Sweet Baby Ray's on hand for those that did not want the vinegar based sauce.

Man, I missed pulled pork. And now that I have done an all day smoke, I am hooked. Will most likely be cooking every weekend. On a mission to perfect a beef brisket this year, as I still have not done one to my liking. But 2013 WILL be the year. lol.

I smoke/grill on a Traeger pellet smoker, and after 4 years, I still think it was the best purchase I have ever made. I have recently been reading about the mods people do to their pellet grills, so I will be looking into some of them. I also want to tear the whole thing down and clean/degrease it to be back to as new as possible. I do clean it out after every 1 or 2 cooks, but I wast to REALLY clean it. Have not done that yet, and still no problems at all after 4 yrs.

Well, on to the Q-View. :)

Last edited:
Not a pulled pork sammich without the slaw on the bun. Gotta give it some crunch. lol. But as you can see, I like it on the bun, and not on the bun, so I had both. lol.  mmmmm, Now I am hungry all over again. Thanks for the kind words.

Man, nice job!  Everything looks real tasty...
bravo.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky