Sunday Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

berninga87

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
SW Wisconsin
It's been a little while since I was last on SMF, but I smoked a pork loin tonight that was just awesome and wanted to share with everyone here. Started out with about a 3lb section of pork loin. Score the fat cap across the top. Rub with a little mustard, coat with bbq rub, and stuff extra rub in creases in fat cap. Cook over indirect heat on weber kettle grill with charcoal, add dry wood chips to hot coals for smoke (I used mesquite and peach chips). Don't worry about exact grill temp as long as it's hot(too hot to touch closed lid on opposite side of coals for more than 1 sec). Temp probe in loin, smoke roughly 2 hours to IT 140F. Rest 10-15 mins(temp rises to 145-150), slice, and enjoy! For added flavor, roast a couple of jalapenos directly over coals while loin cooks. Cut peppers open, de-vein/seed, dice, and sprinkle over loin.
20171112_185724.jpg

It's been a little while since I was last on SMF, but I smoked a pork loin tonight that was just awesome and wanted to share with everyone here. Started out with about a 3lb section of pork loin. Score the fat cap across the top. Rub with a little mustard, coat with bbq rub, and stuff extra rub in creases in fat cap. Cook over indirect heat on weber kettle grill with charcoal, add dry wood chips to hot coals for smoke (I used mesquite and peach chips). Don't worry about exact grill temp as long as it's hot(too hot to touch closed lid on opposite side of coals for more than 1 sec). Temp probe in loin, smoke roughly 2 hours to IT 140F. Rest 10-15 mins(temp rises to 145-150), slice, and enjoy! For added flavor, roast a couple of jalapenos directly over coals while loin cooks. Cut peppers open, de-vein/seed, dice, and sprinkle over loin. View attachment 344162

That looks fantastic

Thanks guys! We really enjoyed the chops, no extra sauce or seasoning needed. A couple days later I took the leftovers and cubed them up. Saute in butter and a little more of the rub in cast iron. Add lettuce, tomato, sour cream, hot sauce, and some lightly pan fried corn tortillas. Final product is tacos you'll be craving until the next pork loin. Actually the next time we do tacos I might just skip the ground meat altogether and do another loin. Good stuff!
20171114_182649.jpg

One of my families favorites, I smoke pork loins all the time. Try some thin sliced with bitter greens and thin sliced onion on a toasted Kaiser roll

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky