Sun Valley ID

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Dave, so far my huge financial investment in this forum has paid back handsomely.   Your information is most helpful. 

Where are the probes?  I was thinking of buying a cheap heating pad at WalMart so I could pre-heat the electrical box on top.  Will that do it?  Once the whole MES heats up generally, will it self-heat the device box?

Adam
Smoke, evening..... they are on the back wall of the smoker, on the inside... One is a snapswitch for over temp shut off... and the other is a temp probe to monitor the temps....  heat them both to fool the low temp circuitry...   Dave

Question:

If I find a cool informative post or recipe, how do I mark it so I can find it again?

thanks!

Adam
As Gary said, Evernote is great, I use it a lot

If you want to save a thread right here on SMF, maybe it is a long one with good pics you want to refer back to, you can subscribe to it. At the top right under the title of the thread you will see "Subscribe", just click on that and then it will ask you about "Notifications". You can choose to get emailed every time someone replies to it or to just get site notifications. You can view all your subscriptions by clicking "Subscriptions" on the top right side of the page right under the "Chat" button:

Thanks Scar, that is a good idea and I already have Evernote - I was wondering if there was a way to mark a post either way. I'll set up a smoke file in Evernote.

thanks!

Mr. Oldschool:

I am still puzzled about where the heck the AMNPS goes...

Also where is the best place to post the Q-view?  I put one up in my original thread but there may be a better place.  My first coffee-cocoa rub bark.  It was very good.

thanks,

Adam

Adam, morning.....  The AMNPS should fit in the lower left of the MES 30....  The two rods to the left of the chip drawer should support it nicely....   Have you been told to pull the chip drawer out an inch or so and pull out the chip dump tube about the same or even a little more to insure adequate air flow for the AMNPS ??   The tri-tip looks delicious..     Dave
Mr. Oldschool:

I am still puzzled about where the heck the AMNPS goes...

Scar:

Question:  How do the pellets combust?  It looks like they'd be too far from the MES heat element. Do I light them separately?

Thanks for the great picture!

Smoke83340/Adam

Question:

If I find a cool informative post or recipe, how do I mark it so I can find it again?

thanks!

Adam
I put a folder on my desktop dedicated to threads I want to follow.  When I stumble onto a good one, I drag the address from the browser bar and drop it into the folder on the desktop.  It's rough and ready, and probably not as clean as a program to manage all that for you, but it works.  And that's my most important criteria.

Scar:

Question:  How do the pellets combust?  It looks like they'd be too far from the MES heat element. Do I light them separately?

Thanks for the great picture!

Smoke83340/Adam
Yes - you light them with a torch and let them burn for 10 min 

COOL. I'm having a whale of a good time with this MES and I'd probably smoke some whale if I knew where to get it.  That coffee-cocoa-chili sugar rub is phenomenal on chicken too!

Thanks for all of your help.  I just ran into a friend who is a cabinet maker and he generates lots of hardwood scraps in cherry, hickory, etc.  Yippee!

Adam 

COOL. I'm having a whale of a good time with this MES and I'd probably smoke some whale if I knew where to get it.  That coffee-cocoa-chili sugar rub is phenomenal on chicken too!

Thanks for all of your help.  I just ran into a friend who is a cabinet maker and he generates lots of hardwood scraps in cherry, hickory, etc.  Yippee!

Adam 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky