Summer Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rstr hunter

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Fort Pierre, SD
When butchering last week made 25# of Summer Sausage. Sorry about lack of pics I had over 130# of different sausages we were trying to get done at the same time. Any we mixed and stuffed the sausages and allowed to hang over night in the cooler.  Smoked them with hickory and oak pellets.

We were shooting for a not very hard outside ring we smoked then poached in a water bath.  Due to space limitations of the water bath we had to do in 3 batches.  Personally next time I'll just finish in the smoker.

Water bath to 152 degrees.

Then to an ice bath and back to the cooler to finish cooling for the night.  Sorry no finished pics we were late to Thanksgiving supper.  Thanks for looking.

Thanks they did turn out exactly as they should have.  This was teh first time doing this thanks to some of the other's on this site they helped us have a great result.  We usually would stuff this and send this to the butcher, but after a bad customer service experience there decided we should start doing more of our own stuff in this area.  After we perfect the bacon where we want it I think we should be fairly self sufficient. 

How about some sliced pics..........
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky