Stuffed Tenderloins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Warren, you did call it, thanks!

I guess it was fate since the pork was hanging around the smoked chuck that made the carousel, the pork had to come along......
smokingpartners2.jpg

Thanks crazymoon, a very sharp knife really helps!

We finally finished of the last of the loins last night for dinner, we sliced the remaining prosciutto wrapped one and pan seared them and paired them with some homemade bacon mac & cheese.

So as the fam was discussing the consumed meal, the wife says the prosciutto wrapped version needs to have red pepper vs green and Mozzarella vs pepper jack. So next time we will try this variation…..

Last edited:
Top Shelf eats there!

Nice they work so well the next day!
Eggs O/E are a staple in my life!

Thanks nanuk! The pin wheels dipped in the yoke was like sunshine! A refined pork hash & eggs.

Prosciutto tastes like golds cause it cost just as much lol.....

Reactions: nanuk
I haven't found a crisp texture of bacon I like when cooking it wrapped around something like a fatty or a filet. Even par cooking first and wrapping. So I just eat bacon fried by itself. Your Prosciutto looks like ultra thin crispy pork skin that would bring me back to stuffing and smoking again. It looks great. I'll have to try that.

dr k, The Prosciutto was crispy and the bacon was firm but not chewy, but was crispy the second day in the pan sear! The secret I have found with bacon is it has to be single layer and I always finish it a blazing hot convection oven 400+ while on a rack. This is also how I got the Prosciutto crispy as well.

As any FYI, this how I also cook a med-well to well-done steak. I sear it like any mid-rare and then drop it in the oven on a rack. Or you can put it a ceramic dish and put a bit of fresh herb seasoned butter on top of it.....

As any FYI, this how I also cook a med-well to well-done steak. I sear it like any mid-rare and then drop it in the oven on a rack. Or you can put it a ceramic dish and put a bit of fresh herb seasoned butter on top of it.....

are you saying you LIKE steak MW-WD???

When mine get to that point, they are so dry, I send 'em to the tire recycle plant.

I wish I knew how to cook better!

nanuk, heavens NO! mid-rare all the way! The only exception is tri-tip I like med!

However, I always get the request, when I do this is how I do it....Pick up a steak sized ceramic ramekin with small sides. Now season your steaks and just sear them on the HOT grill, when seared like mid-rare pull and put in the ramekin (have the ramekin in the oven so it is pre-warmed 375). Before dropping the steak in put a bit of seasoned butter in the bottom and some on top and let it roast. You’ll have to learn the timing but use an instant check pen (don’t guess). If thick you can spoon some of the melted butter over so it stays wet looking. Take it out before well-done (5deg under) and let rest up to temp on a rack & pour the butter over it. Don’t leave on a plate to rest or it will over cook and dry out.

If using a cast iron, get the pan hot then add add oil then sear (you don’t want the oil to burn while heating the pan), once seared add the seasoned butter on top and put the whole pan in the oven. If thick you’ll want to spoon the butter over like above mid cook. Once almost to temp remove to the rack and pour the butter and oil over the steak like above.

In both cases watch it close cause it won’t take to long unless it’s thick.

Now the most important thing before you do it for others.....practice on the same size and thickness steak before it’s game time!

Every once and a while Costco will have 2 inch thick usda prime rib caps and I use this to get them to mid-rare.

If you don’t want the butter just use an elevated rack on a baking sheet. It will still be good just not like butter lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: nanuk
Here are the ramekins I use. FYI for big rib eyes I just put them on a rack with the butter. Small one for fillets and larger for NY
image.jpg

Ok final thought....buy a digital kitchen timer. (I have two) and time each operation per steak cut and write it down as a recipe.

Any time nanuk! Hope it can change your MD WD steak experience!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky