Stuffed Saddle of Rabbit and Bacon Wrapped Wino Rabbit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hope you do, cause I'm sure you'll love it.

Next time I do it, I'm putting mushrooms in the stuffing and gravy.
And instead of Basil, with Sage laid under the stuffing, not on the bacon.

Mmmmmm rabbit.

Last edited:
John, I haven't eaten rabbit for about 50 years. Back then I worked in the bush and we quite often had rabbit--spitted over an open fire. Always really enjoyed it. We have so many bush bunnies around here that come winter I think I'll get a few and try this recipe (I don't like eating wild rabbit in the warm seasons). It really looks GOOD!!
Gary

Those look good John, I'm not sure I could bring myself to eating rabbit. A few years ago two of my dogs escaped and killed my neighbors pet rabbits. I can still see the looks on their kids faces.

Point for sure
Chris

John, I haven't eaten rabbit for about 50 years. Back then I worked in the bush and we quite often had rabbit--spitted over an open fire. Always really enjoyed it. We have so many bush bunnies around here that come winter I think I'll get a few and try this recipe (I don't like eating wild rabbit in the warm seasons). It really looks GOOD!!
Gary
Appreciate the compliment and Like Gary, thanks.

Yeah, there's a reason for squirrel and rabbit season, it's cold.
Really cuts down on the parasites and some other health issues.

My younger son and I look forward to Fall/Winter for small game hunting
Hope ya bag a bunch and enjoy them.

Last edited:
Reactions: S-met
Those look good John, I'm not sure I could bring myself to eating rabbit. A few years ago two of my dogs escaped and killed my neighbors pet rabbits. I can still see the looks on their kids faces.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris.
I bet you could get over it in about one or two bites

Glad those kids weren't mine, they'd been really upset when Peter and Thumper were on the dinner table that night... Yes I would.

Reactions: NU2SMOKE
Been away for awhile due to work and my computer being down. One of the first things I see is this..... I live in the country and have an acreage here. We have rabbits all over and they like to munch on the wife's garden and flowers, so Yeah I am going to have to try this. Looks great Chile.

Been away for awhile due to work and my computer being down. One of the first things I see is this..... I live in the country and have an acreage here. We have rabbits all over and they like to munch on the wife's garden and flowers, so Yeah I am going to have to try this. Looks great Chile.
Hey, hi there and thanks.
Heck yeah, come Fall thin the herd a bit.

Looks great. When I was a lad my mother used to make rabbit every Sunday. Years ago when I lived in the "big" city the butchers always had rabbit. I recently asked the lady behind the counter if she ever has or gets rabbit. She says "heck no who could hurt those cute little bunnies". I'm German and love my rabbit. Next time I ask the actual butcher.

Looks great. When I was a lad my mother used to make rabbit every Sunday. Years ago when I lived in the "big" city the butchers always had rabbit. I recently asked the lady behind the counter if she ever has or gets rabbit. She says "heck no who could hurt those cute little bunnies". I'm German and love my rabbit. Next time I ask the actual butcher.
Thank you R Blum.

Rabbit is such a great meat, but is practically un-thought of by most in the US.
As is goat outside of most Latino communities.
Lamb is a little more accepted but not by much and straight up mutton is unheard of.

chilerelleno chilerelleno Sorry I am late to the party but that looked incredible. I have no experience with rabbit at all but I love trying new things. You have inspired me sir!! Im aweff to fwind me a wabbit!! Which way did he go!!

Thank you.

chilerelleno chilerelleno Sorry I am late to the party but that looked incredible. I have no experience with rabbit at all but I love trying new things. You have inspired me sir!! Im aweff to fwind me a wabbit!! Which way did he go!!

Thank you.
Thanks, really appreciate it.
Do give it a go, good stuff.
So many great recipes for rabbit.

Think I'll do Rabbit-n-Dumplings next.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky