St Louis and Doniphan MO

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigfurmn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 25, 2016
Farmington, MN
Leaving later this week to take a little vacation to St Louis and then to an area around the sister in laws place in Missouri. Got three days in St Louis with one day planned and a week around south east MO Poplar Bluff Doniphan area. After St Louis it sounds a little boring, anyone got some ideas on what to do in the southern area? Thanks for any ideas!

Reactions: JLeonard
You could float the Cuivre river if you're into that . Should be some State parks around there . Fair amount of springs and rivers with old mills on them . Some serve food or used to . Big Springs comes to mind , but it's been years since I was down there . Really nice country down there .

Could take I-55 south from STL to Sikeston, MO and eat at Lamberts restaurant then hit 60 west to Poplar Bluff. They got good food there. And there are a couple of places between STL and Sikeston with great meats.

Jim

Could take I-55 south from STL to Sikeston, MO and eat at Lamberts restaurant then hit 60 west to Poplar Bluff. They got good food there. And there are a couple of places between STL and Sikeston with great meats.

Jim
I agree with JLeonard JLeonard about stopping at the Lamberts in Sikeston...home of "throwed rolls."

Can't help you with Doniphan, MO though. Have not been through there since the 1980's.

The Current River probably has some great float trip opportunities, but I haven't floated that part of the river before.

Thank you for the ideas. I will see if I can check some of those out. Going for a family vacation so have to keep my wife and the 3 year old entertained also.

Ended up going to a place called Carnivor on the Hill. All the Italian places were packed. This place has great steaks and the staff was great. Highly recommend.

I bet it was fantastic . Most places down there are . Great Italian groceries too . The corner deli's are awesome . Great sandwiches .
Here's a good one . Known for their hot salami sandwich .
Scroll down the page .

ddjFcDLJRcxjDDbH2BlfAN57PxIU1aVs=s1360-w1360-h1020.jpg

Viviano & Sons is another good one. They have a massive selection of Volpe Salami and a great deli section.

Reactions: chopsaw
Just about any place down there will make you a sandwich . Get a couple for the road .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky