Sous Vide Venison Sirloin over Mushroom and Smoked Gouda Florentine Pasta....and fresh peach cobbler

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Been a while...decide to cook this again when I saw the smoked gouda on sale 50% off at the grocer. Saw they had fresh peaches so had to do a fresh peach cobbler for dessert.
I pulled the roasts out night before to thaw in water in an ice chest. In the morning, got the sous vide filled up and running up to 127.5* and put the roasts in. Let them go for 10 hours.

When it came time to Cook the meal, First I had to peel and slice the peaches for the cobbler...
1595723308022.jpeg

Once I got the cobbler together, put that in the oven for 45 minutes.

I boiled the pasta to have it ready for when the sauce was finished. Then started on the sauce..
1595723334843.jpeg

1595723335450.jpeg

Meanwhile, my cousin pulled the roasts from the sous vide to prep and touch,,
1595723309307.jpeg

1595723310002.jpeg

And done!! (with a gouda smoke ring garnish)

1595723362612.jpeg

I brought a plate to Dad. Mean while, they guys devoured the cobbler....
1595723363432.jpeg

Man you are killing it today. Another amazing looking meal.
Thanks jcam222, this meal was actually cooked tonight. The others were cooked recently, just not posted when we cooked them.
Once again great cook K
I haven't made cobbler in many years. It was a Scout favorite
Thanks Fueling Around, I could not pass up fresh local peaches. Though I don't make cobbler often, it is a can't miss with fresh fruit.

Beautiful! Send some of them Peaches North! There are none in my local stores or are in short supply and sell out fast. No fresh Corn either...JJ

Beautiful! Send some of them Peaches North! There are none in my local stores or are in short supply and sell out fast. No fresh Corn either...JJ
Thanks Chef jimmyj!
Hmmm...strange how these shortages are manifesting across the country.
Fresh cabbage and cherries are non-existent in the grocers around here right now.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Wow Keith, something about that meal just screams out at me buddy. One of the most appealing I've seen you turn out. Excellent job sir and yes please, may I have a plate...at BIG plate?? :emoji_wink:

Robert

Thanks Chef jimmyj!
Hmmm...strange how these shortages are manifesting across the country.
Fresh cabbage and cherries are non-existent in the grocers around here right now.
That’s crazy we’ve been getting some great cherries in New Orleans. I mean delicious!

What a fantastic looking meal!
Everything looks just awesome!
Al
Thanks Al!

Wow Keith, something about that meal just screams out at me buddy. One of the most appealing I've seen you turn out. Excellent job sir and yes please, may I have a plate...at BIG plate?? :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks tx smoker. The meat is just so stupid simple to do in the sous vide. Easier than grilling. I'm a practical guy so usually not focused on the details of a perfect picture...it's all about the flavor for me. With beef prices so high, we've been plowing through the meat in our freezers. Gotta eat it right!?!? And hunting season is not that far away...gotta make room!!
Man what a nice looking meal. Awesome
Thanks TNJAKE. That sauce is real rich! 12 oz. of smoked gouda, 2 cups heavy cream....a real rib sticker!

Reactions: Archnemysis
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky