Sous Vide NY Strip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
They had strip roasts on sale a month ago, so I bought a couple. You might remember I dry aged one and posted that, but the other I cut into thick 1 1/2” steaks. Tonight I SV’d 3 of them. 135* water in zip bags seasoned with SPOG on one side and Montreal on the other. 2 hours later, I pulled them out and did a cast iron sear in duck fat. Delicious. Just 2 hours really tenderizes the strip. So good.

36714FA0-BB38-4EE1-A7E9-59E33FBACF67.jpeg

3DFD25BD-2613-42C4-9F4D-5366BA7D0102.jpeg

DD19D206-EC65-4F78-BE41-4FE2F042AAC1.jpeg

Thats a good idea, I have a small piece of a strip roast left and would make 3 nice 1 1/2 inch steaks. I could even grill them for the sear, I can stand 5 minutes in the rain. They look delicious.

If I hadn't just stuffed myself full of my BBB and eggs, I'd tackle one of those.

Looks good! I ate at a buffet for lunch Friday so I'm just now starting to get hungry! Had 3 plates, chicken, mashed taters/gravy, and pizza. Ready for steak now!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky