Sort of dissapointed in my MES 30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

runway1

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
Socal
On my 25th month of the older style MES 30. Control box totally died today. Yeah, I do use it a lot, but barely over 2 yrs old and dead.

Ok,
1. I use it a lot. A good.. almost 3 times/month. Say 30-36 smokes
2. Sure, I only paid $175 for it
3. Yes, I'm still whining like a girl who dropped her cookies
4. Silver lining: You guessed it - NEW SMOKER!! Woooo Whooooooo

Ok, now the hard part.....

You know I just replaced a part on mine and some how when messing about I jacked up the control box. <I need to press the buttons pretty hard> but I mostly use my remote control because I couldn't -read- the control box in the sunlight...the glare.

Did yours have a remote control? Wonder if that still works for it.

On my 25th month of the older style MES 30. Control box totally died today. Yeah, I do use it a lot, but barely over 2 yrs old and dead.

Ok,
1. I use it a lot. A good.. almost 3 times/month. Say 30-36 smokes
2. Sure, I only paid $175 for it
3. Yes, I'm still whining like a girl who dropped her cookies
4. Silver lining: You guessed it - NEW SMOKER!! Woooo Whooooooo

Ok, now the hard part.....

Yeah, that's the ch-its.
I don't roll over that easy. The element may still be good.
So, if you are so inclined, you could get a PID, bypass the defunct MB controls, and have a working and better smoker. I use an Inkbird PID.
But if you do decide on new, look at Smokin It.

Like Sonny said, consider keeping the box and converting to a PID controller. I run mine with an Auber PID and I couldn't be happier with the performance.

Like Sonny said, consider keeping the box and converting to a PID controller. I run mine with an Auber PID and I couldn't be happier with the performance.

Yeah, I get it. You guys trying to take away my excuse? Given my frugal nature, I'll definitely look into it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky