Something Different

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
I wanted to fry some of the catfish I caught this summer.

I made some hushpuppies with jalapenos, corn and onions....

seasoned my catfish....

used one of my old home made burners...
It's made from a piece of pipe, expanded metal, a burner from a hot water heater and rebar for legs.

I had to use a flashlight later into the evening...

then I cranked up the fire and enjoyed a cold beer, fish and hushpuppies..

I liked it.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for checking out my catfish!

Seriously, CG!

Based on what my eyes tell me, your cookin' is great! In addition to, as if that wasn't enough
tongue.gif
-- so is your photography. It is SPOT on...really helps show the meals you've created.

Every time I see you post a meal-view, I say to myself...I want that for dinner. Bravo!

((ps - mrs. bman is a fine photographer, so I notice these things...in 2 years, I've never seen you post a ****ty photo. :-))

Cowgirl, you have definitely mastered both cooking and photography, how did you end up ranching?

points.gif
great lookin fish on a home made stove!!! and have the kahunas to admit she actually drinks that dos equis!!!lol

Dogs and cats on the same plate!
icon_eek.gif
Looks great, Jeanie. I like deep fried cats.

Used to bowhunt for catfish when I was a kid. Brought along a small jar of olive oil, heavy duty tinfoil & matches, cook 'em up over a small campfire... heaven on earth. Sorry folks, but there's one meal that is better than smoked meat! thanks for dredging up a good memory!

Thanks!!

The catfish, hushpuppies and beer were pretty tasty for a change.
biggrin.gif

Racey, no tripod, just aim and shoot.
Eraine.. I have plenty of mexican beer on hand and I'd share! lol

plj, that sounds like my kind of fun.
biggrin.gif

Dave, great pic!!

Thanks for looking and for the nice comments.
cool.gif

Yet again nice fish and whats wrong with the dos Equis I like them way back when.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky